Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Online resources for Gallic Celts, 1st century BC

I am looking for information about Gallic Celts, 1st century BC - culture, dress, weapons, daily life, etc. Lots of info about the British Celts, but not the continental. You're a cultured crowd and I wondered if you might be able to help me? It's for fan ficiton writing project.

I want to show off something funny that I found - in the middle of this page you'll find an image of Odin, with a winged, 'be-eagled', helmet, on a lavender Sleipnir, beneath the legend: ODIN - A Celtic[sic!] Warrior. It's precious
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Check the Louvre and sort the art by date. Pick your era and have fun.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Check the Louvre and sort the art by date. Pick your era and have fun.
Good idea!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bad idea. I couldn't find anything in their databases.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
Ea
Wizard

No, me neither. But it did give me the idea to search historical musems and that sort of thing - they sometimes have good resources. Time to brush off my pretty much non-existent French. NOW I wish I had listened more closely in school (French teachers are allowed to gloat now)
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!

I felt bad about sending you on the wild goose chase, so I want to try again to help. Here are the ONLY 2 pics I could find of gallic clothing. On is peasant, the other is in modified Roman armor.

The pics were stolen off other websites. Please forgive my copyright infringements, because 1 came from Flickr and the other from some place called Generator which sent my browser into a loop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gall03.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	25012   Click image for larger version

Name:	gallic warrior.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	25013  
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
Ea
Wizard

It's okay {hugs} I knew it was difficult.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
you googled?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #9
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
you googled?
Yes, I did. I need ideas about where to search, now that he most obvious way haven't returned many usable results.

Last edited by Ea; 03-04-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I just googled and guess wher I ended up ...

Here
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #11
Ea
Wizard

Quote:

Here
Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:

Here
Oh wow, that's just too mindbending, sort of like adding alka seltzer to a zany carter deluxe just to watch it fizz, groovy.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, I thought this thread was on how to get those ancient Celts online...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
Ea
Wizard

Well, it doesn't really work if it's a loop... We'll talk about looking for it. Google'll bring us here, searching for it.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, I thought this thread was on how to get those ancient Celts online...
It is now.
See above for Geoff's trandimensional link to the past or future or sideways.