Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #1
Medspan
Medspan began at the beginning.

Device: My Passport
Post How to take a back up from my desktop to External hard disc?

Dear Experts,
Could any can share some ideas for copying the entire Calibre library from my Desktop to an external device as my system has been corrupted so I have to format it in order to restore some device software which is missing?
So I don't know how to take a back-up as it doesn't work out when I tried with Calibre.Will I have to buy or any alternatives please help me on this issues.Thanks.
Medspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
With Calibre shut down (no tray icon, no content server):
1) Copy the entire Library Folder. That is the books and metadata.
1b) Repeat for each additional Library (if you have more than one)

2) (optional) Copy the Calibre configuration folder. This has your custom settings, plugins, preferences.

Kovid: Have you thought of making a small, standalone utility with a link on the Os startmenu, that would read the calibre configuration file, then copy all the referenced folders to a user designated location?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
back up issues