Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
What's on your ebook wish list right now?

I am making an effort this year to not buy books right away. I have plenty to read right now and unless it's a 100% micropay by an author I really love, or something like a 40% off deal, I am not buying until I finish more of the stuff I have. So I have just been wishlisting things which sound interesting. Here is what's on my list at Fictionwise right now:

Hollywood Havoc: The Trouble with Fat Boy - By John Klawitter
Uncharted Territory - By Connie Willis
Deadly Enterprise - By Christopher Hoare
The Kids Are All Right: A Memoir - By Diana Welch
Soulless [An Alexia Tarabotti Novel] - By Gail Carriger Hogfather [Discworld #20] - By Terry Pratchett
Alice I Have Been - By Melanie Benjamin
Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery - By Spencer Quinn
Plum Spooky - By Janet Evanovich
Kitty and The Midnight Hour - By Carrie Vaughn
Death on Delivery - By Anne K. Edwards
Haunting Jordan - By P.J. Alderman
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao - By Junot Diaz
Kaaterskill Falls - By Allegra Goodman
Practical Magic - By Alice Hoffman

One of these was added because the author offered me a review copy of his newest book and it's part of a series---I have not read the earlier volumes so I added the first one to remind myself just in case I found the new one confusing without having read it. A few were added after reading one of those 'best of...' articles. Some just went on there because they were on the new releases list, looked at least mildly interested, and I figured I'd decide about them later. As I said, I am being *much* more conservative with my spending this year and don't really want to accumulate more relatively forgettable hack mystery novels; I would rather read more quality stuff. So, unless it's an author I love or a 'must read now' type of thing, I am waiting.

For those who keep wish lists, what's on yours right now?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote