Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #181
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I didn't notice the cleavage. I was mesmerized by the bathing caps. They were so weird.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #182
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I didn't notice the cleavage. I was mesmerized by the bathing caps. They were so weird.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #183
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I'm not sure the reader is quite rugged enough for water polo.

Sexism aside, I thought it was clever, showy and unique. I think they could have toned it down and still succeeded with it (and probably succeeded even more so with female audiences) but now they will just have to come up with a really nice vid of some Navy Seals using them in the water while they wait for a mission to start.

Or at the very least a happy family surfing with their readers.
Can I vote for the Navy Seals please
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #184
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
That would be difficult for a Canadian product launch. :-P (The Seals are US Navy.)
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #185
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Mountie divers then? It just doesn't have the same ring.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #186
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
That would be difficult for a Canadian product launch. :-P (The Seals are US Navy.)
I'll just settle for men in bathing trunks, I'm not fussy
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #187
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Oh, come on! Don't make us do all the work! How about Olympic swimmers diving in to retrieve an H2O?

How about Firemen hosing down a small BBQ fire and then shaking the H2O dry (that was on a nearby table?)

We're not that choosy. James Bond is international. I'm sure a covert operation involving water and the H2O could be written into a commercial. And, as Josie said, we're not choosy. You don't even have to hire a real James Bond actor. Just any covert operation with cool undercover dudes will do!!!

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 09-03-2014 at 03:04 PM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #188
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I just made the mistake of watching the H2O vs PW2 video. A whole 10 minute video and not ONE comment on how the screens looked compared to each other. I wanted to scream at them. The H2O clearly looked whiter. Were they at the same brightness level? Who knows! They didn't think it necessary to mention that trifling tidbit. Which reader does page turns better? Who knows? Which displays books better? Kind of hard to know considering that they used two different books at different font sizes and different line spacing. Fortunately I know how many books the Amazon book store has compared to Kobo. Seriously guys-nobody gives a shit. This is a hardware comparison.
Some MR member once dubbed those guys Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dumber. Spot on, I'd say.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #189
handocjo
handocjo doesn't litterhandocjo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Aura One
When will AURA H20 be stocked?

I preordered yesterday one.
so i want to preorder for my friend one more, but it was out of stock.
When will it be stocked?

Last edited by handocjo; 09-03-2014 at 01:15 PM.
handocjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #190
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by handocjo View Post
so i want to preorder for friends one more, but it was out of stock.
When will it be stocked?

I might very well ask you the same question.

We would all like to know.....if you find out anything, please post back.

And also:

Welcome to Mobilered.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #191
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by handocjo View Post
so i want to preorder for friends one more, but it was out of stock.
So YOU'RE the one!
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #192
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I can't decide if that's a completely silly way to announce the H2O or the perfect way. Probably both at the same time.

SameerH, RobertJSawyer, are you hiding in the background somewhere?

I recognized Robert Sawyer sitting on the couch at the 1:22 marker. He's wearing the Hawaiian shirt and talking to the guy just before he dunks the reader in the circular tank. Not sure about Sameer.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #193
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Somehow CAF JTF 2 assaulter* lacks the public recognition of US Navy Seal. And that is the way they want it. No discussion of organization, capabilities or operations is permitted.

* Canadian Armed Forces Joint Task Force 2 consists of Special Operation assaulters and supporting staff.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #194
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
BTW, for anyone who is interested, the pre-order link on the Kobo page seems to be active again. http://www.kobo.com/kobo-aurah2o.html gives me a pre-order now button which leads to having one in my shopping cart.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #195
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I seem to recall that when the Aura HD went live for pre-orders that they also had 2 different style cases available for pre-order. Interesting that there are no cases available/listed for pre-order for the H2O. Given the listed dimensions it looks like the H2O won't fit in an HD case.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote