Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #37861
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
The wife and I just got back from a routine visit to the vet. Norton got a heartworm test ($48), a three-year rabies nooster ($25), and three months worth of Trifexus (combo heartworm preventative/flea and tick killer: $90). I had my wife let us off at the curb when we got into the neighborhood, and Norton and I walked the rest of the way. Here are some pictures I just took of the beast who takes all our money. If anyone's interested as to why the bed has no sheets, see this post in the Vent and Rant thread.
I would mention the dog peeing on the bed to the vet. This sort of thing tends to be symptomatic of a physical problem. It's not that Norton wanted to pee on the sheets - it's that he couldn't help doing so. The question is why.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:36 PM   #37862
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
...It's not that Norton wanted to pee on the sheets - it's that he couldn't help doing so. The question is why.
______
Dennis
Actually, it is like he wanted to. This wasn't an overnight accident. He jumped up on the bed and peed.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #37863
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Airplaying some videos from my iPod while browsing the internet on my Kindle while texting on my iPhone.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:43 AM   #37864
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Researching cave tours in Maastricht.

My sister and I are going to Maastricht next Sunday and we were discussing what to do when I asked her, jokingly, if she wanted to visit the caves. She did. I always thought that they weren't close to the city, but luckily they are relatively close by and reasonably priced.

Now we have to decide whether to take the early tour, so we can go into town afterwards or take a later tour and have less time in the city (on Sunday the shop are open during the afternoon). I'm for taking an early tour, even if that means getting up early to take an early train.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:21 PM   #37865
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Enjoy! I've been to a few caves here in the States and it can be a real thrill! (I'm sure you know to take a sweater!)

Right now I've got a few chores to do, but they need to be thought out, first. (Honest! They really do! I'm not just procrastinating!)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #37866
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Are these tourist-type caves (with lights and guides,) or are you going exploring? I love caving, but it gets hard on the knees sometimes when there are really low crawl-throughs. It's exciting when you discover a new route into an area you've never seen before. There are some old caves about 70km north of me inside a very holy mountain. The monks used these for long meditations back in the day. They go for about 4-5km, winding through different areas, and it's really neat to crawl out of a tunnel and find an old alter showing up in your headlamp that some monk used 100 years ago. Just recently the local temple put in electricity so more people could have access to the caves (and charge money to go in, of course,) which takes away some of the sense of 'adventure,' but they are still lots of fun for many people.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:06 AM   #37867
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Are these tourist-type caves (with lights and guides,) or are you going exploring?
We're doing the tourist-type cave. We're going to the North cave in Maastricht, which are man-made. I've never been properly caving, but there aren't that many natural caves in the Netherlands except for the south. I'm really looking forward to the day out.

Right now I'm preparing for another scorching day, with temperatures of 35C/95F. I'm not expecting a busy day in the store, both due to the weather and that school holidays started yesterday in our region. So I'm taking my Kobo with me.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 AM   #37868
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
We're doing the tourist-type cave. We're going to the North cave in Maastricht, which are man-made. I've never been properly caving, but there aren't that many natural caves in the Netherlands except for the south. I'm really looking forward to the day out.
Those look really interesting! And much larger than I would have imagined. Sounds like a fun day... and a LOT easier on the knees! LOL!

Stitchawl
Old 07-19-2014, 08:31 AM   #37869
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Those look really interesting! And much larger than I would have imagined. Sounds like a fun day... and a LOT easier on the knees! LOL!

Stitchawl
They do advise to wear sturdy shoes and wear shoes and clothes that you don't mind if they get dirty.

My sister doesn't want to get up super early (it's a 2 hour train trip) so we'll do the 12.30pm tour, which will last about an hour. A lot of shops in the inner city are open between noon and 5pm so we can do some (window) shopping afterwards and have something to eat before we take the train back.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 AM   #37870
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
They do advise to wear sturdy shoes and wear shoes and clothes that you don't mind if they get dirty.

My sister doesn't want to get up super early (it's a 2 hour train trip) so we'll do the 12.30pm tour, which will last about an hour. A lot of shops in the inner city are open between noon and 5pm so we can do some (window) shopping afterwards and have something to eat before we take the train back.
I did a "spend-the-night" option in some caverns in Tennessee when I was younger. I have never before or since been as muddy as I was when I came out, lol, after belly crawling through some of it. We had a guide - definitely just a tourist experience - but so much fun. Pro tip: When turning off the last flashlight, be sure your own light is hooked to your body or in a pocket. Can't turn on a light if you can't find it!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #37871
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I did a "spend-the-night" option in some caverns in Tennessee when I was younger. I have never before or since been as muddy as I was when I came out, lol, after belly crawling through some of it. We had a guide - definitely just a tourist experience - but so much fun. Pro tip: When turning off the last flashlight, be sure your own light is hooked to your body or in a pocket. Can't turn on a light if you can't find it!
This sort of thing really is great fun. My wife and I have been talking for the last couple of years about getting our certification for 'Cavern Diving.' This is basically underwater cave exploration. We already have all the pre-requisite certifications; deep dive, wreck diving, nitrox, underwater navigation, etc., plus I hold Rescue Diver, Dive Master, and Master Scuba Diver certifications. But Cavern Diving is a whole different kettle of fish. The beauty of it is beyond compare. It does take some very specialized training, and we've been giving it some thought lately, and we haven't learned anything new in a while. It may be time...

Stitchawl
Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #37872
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I would get a headlamp for the trip.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #37873
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Taking a break from watching the 2014 World Fencing Championships, being televised over the net via the FIE channel in Youtube. A full week of world class fencing, and this year even having the 'instant replay in slow motion' provided. Finally non-fencers can actually see what just happened! The Mens Individual Foil and Women'a Individual Foil Championships have finished, but are now available as YouTube videos. Epee and Sabre competitions are still going on.

Stitchawl
Old 07-23-2014, 02:51 PM   #37874
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

This weekend I had planned to book a couple of days to Newcastle (by boat) for September. I had everything figured out and most things I wanted to do planned. Until I got an email from my sister; she's not going on holiday with her friend group this year so if I would mind it if she'd join me on the trip to Newcastle.

I don't mind (not the least because it will save me about €100), luckily she agrees with my choice of hotel and she'll probably like what I have planned to do, a mixture of shopping and culture.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #37875
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I envy you, living in Europe, where other countries are so close to travel to!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?