Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Annoying behaviour when editing series in Library View

In recent versions of Calibre I have noticed very annoying behaviour. Perhaps it was this way for a long time and I wasn't editing series often enough.

I have set tweak: doubleclick_on_library_view to 'edit_cell'

When I doubleclick author name or title, the text is highlighted and I can paste a new value or start typing a new name or title. Great!

The problem occurs when I want to set series for a book that has the series field empty. I doubleclick the field and immediately the first series name in a alphabetically sorted list appears in the edit box. I have to delete this first and only then I can paste or type a new value. I wish the field was empty on entry (doubleclick) and would be filled in from the list only when I press down arrow or start typing.

Is it possible to change this somehow through a tweak or other setting?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/962968
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This is incredible. The bug is already fixed for the next release. The only software where I have ever seen this level of support and response from developers is Vim.

I think that companies that sell expensive software should come to you to learn ;-)

Thank you.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
This is incredible. The bug is already fixed for the next release. The only software where I have ever seen this level of support and response from developers is Vim.

I think that companies that sell expensive software should come to you to learn ;-)

Thank you.
I agree. Most developers I have dealt with will rarely admit a bug exists and if they do it usually takes months for a fix. And most ebook software supports only one reader or is a database only.

And the feature set becomes richer and nicer every week or so. I find lots of small fixes and features accidentally as they are not even mentioned specifically in the log. Just incredible.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I can see no reason why bugs that require only a small effort to fix should not be fixed immediately. I like having a neat and tidy bug tracker, just like I like having a neat and tidy book list
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I can see no reason why bugs that require only a small effort to fix should not be fixed immediately. I like having a neat and tidy bug tracker, just like I like having a neat and tidy book list
How very nice for us

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote