Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-04-2023, 11:59 AM   #16
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I'm trying to fit in a book from Haruki Murakami in there somewhere, but I don't want to use my joker.

It could be in April, June or October. Any suggestions? I know I can just ignore all the rules, but I found the prompts inspiring so far.
Do you have a particular Murakami in mind? I think you could fit one of them in October for the Treats category (or the Masks category, depending on the book), Kafka on the Shore would fit in June for the Beached category.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 12:08 PM   #17
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Oh, we have Kafka on the Shore! Thank you for the suggestion.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2023, 03:55 AM   #18
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
All 12 selected, no "free" shots, all have a quite frankly disappointingly straightforward link to either the primary qualification or the alternative. No Jesuitical/Pharisaic sophistry required, dammit!
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:54 AM   #19
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have managed to fill up all spots with books that we already have. Like the gods of literature intended
Old 12-05-2023, 05:19 AM   #20
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I have managed to fill up all spots with books that we already have. Like the gods of literature intended
For 2023 I did get 2-3 books specifically for the challenge, not much TBR reduction there For next year, I was able to add either books I already own OR that I had already planned to acquire before the challenge was announced, so they were going to be on my TBR anyway. An improvement, methinks
Advert
Old 12-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #21
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
I look forward to joining the challenge this year. I've entered a book for every month but December.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 02:44 PM   #22
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far we have 12 participants and 86 books added, and its only December 5th!

Last year we had 65 participants and 754 books!!
Old 12-06-2023, 10:27 AM   #23
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
None of my books match those categories except for 2 so ill probably pass
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:28 AM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
So far we have 12 participants and 86 books added, and its only December 5th!

Last year we had 65 participants and 754 books!!

I had no idea this was done before and i been here for years lol
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 05:58 AM   #25
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have now entered mine and it was great fun again trying to match a book with the category.

Only one of my books is an ebook this time around, as I'm trying to reduce my collection of paper books. One of these days we are going to have to move to somewhere smaller, and that means rehoming books. So I'm trying to read paper TBRs on a regular basis.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 10:03 PM   #26
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I've entered all my 2024 selections although I'm still debating on one (Dune). Most of the books have been in my TBR since 2012-13.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 09:39 AM   #27
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I have now entered mine and it was great fun again trying to match a book with the category.

Only one of my books is an ebook this time around, as I'm trying to reduce my collection of paper books. One of these days we are going to have to move to somewhere smaller, and that means rehoming books. So I'm trying to read paper TBRs on a regular basis.
I decided to add one ebook and one paper book per month. My wife still only reads on paper, so we have about an even split of paper (1200ish, 760 unread) and ebooks (1400ish, 700 unread).
Old 12-13-2023, 10:32 AM   #28
rantanplan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I decided to add one ebook and one paper book per month. My wife still only reads on paper, so we have about an even split of paper (1200ish, 760 unread) and ebooks (1400ish, 700 unread).
Uncharacteristically for me, I have added 2 paper books to my list. We still have so many paper books, and one can't replace all of them.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:44 PM   #29
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

We're up to 18 participants and 120 books. The challenge will be open all year, so you can join whenever you want!
Old 12-26-2023, 05:18 AM   #30
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

A serendipitous suggestion: The Storygraph's recommendation algorithm has just been tweaked, and one of its recs that I bought yesterday was only 2/3 the price of the book on my wishlist that I had pencilled in for the July prompt. So now I'm all set already, with a pleasingly diverse range (In month order L-R). Bookending with the same series was a fluke, but.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mrtsg24.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	205412