Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #1
denysm
denysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Number of Titles on "My Books" page

There are normally 5 titles shown on the "My Books page (screen). This is so on the Clara and the Aura one. Somehow, on my wife's Clara, this has been reduced to just 3 titles in larger text. I cannot find any way to return this to the original 5 titles. OS is the recent 15676 build.

Any ideas?
denysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 10:06 PM   #2
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by denysm View Post
Somehow, on my wife's Clara, this has been reduced to just 3 titles in larger text. I cannot find any way to return this to the original 5 titles. OS is the recent 15676 build.

Any ideas?
Beta Features -> Large Print Mode

Return / set at 100-120% You have bet more, 150+
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2021, 10:28 PM   #3
denysm
denysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
Brilliant Semwize. I never thought to look there.
Thank you.
denysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #4
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Beta Features -> Large Print Mode

Return / set at 100-120% You have bet more, 150+
My Forma is not on large print mode, but only shows 3 titles on each tile, including My Books. No issue for me though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
My Forma is not on large print mode, but only shows 3 titles on each tile, including My Books. No issue for me though.

I think you are talking about the home page, but the OP is talking about when you go in to My Books and get a list of books. The home page's My Books only ever has 3 books all bunched up, but when you tap on that, the page that opens should have 5 books listed, if large print mode isn't enabled.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2021, 04:31 AM   #6
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
I think you are talking about the home page, but the OP is talking about when you go in to My Books and get a list of books. The home page's My Books only ever has 3 books all bunched up, but when you tap on that, the page that opens should have 5 books listed, if large print mode isn't enabled.
Ah I see, thanks. Yes that's right I have 5 titles a page in the list view in My Books.

John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:48 AM   #7
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Wish I could turn large print to 80%
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:55 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Wish I could turn large print to 80%
From memory you can. Set the large print mode on. Then change the value on the config file. It should be a scale value and setting it to 0.8 should work. Though, it has been a while since I tried this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #9
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the idea for 80% largeprint.
Tried it. Didn't work. Or at least, it didn't put more titles on the list screen.

I hadn't thought of editing the config file. I guess I was thnking a patch to change the slider.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:09 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks for the idea for 80% largeprint.
Tried it. Didn't work. Or at least, it didn't put more titles on the list screen.

I hadn't thought of editing the config file. I guess I was thnking a patch to change the slider.
I wasn't suggesting you would get more books per page in the lists. But, it should change the font size to much smaller and that might be desirable. I just checked it on my Aura ONE. It does work to change the font size to much smaller, but, I had to restart the device to pick it up.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #11
compurandom
Guru

Playing with it more, it does make the UI text smaller. It makes the book list text smaller after a reboot. I guess I get to see more of the title that way, but it leaves a lot of unused white space in the book list rather than adding another line.

Oh well, there's still cover view mode.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:06 PM   #12
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Playing with it more, it does make the UI text smaller. It makes the book list text smaller after a reboot. I guess I get to see more of the title that way, but it leaves a lot of unused white space in the book list rather than adding another line.
This is stated in css. It has 'medium' and 'large'. The 'small' option is missing.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font size, my books