Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #46
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
That goes with anything. I don't update my software (unless it's internet facing) or firmware unless I have a reason to.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:55 PM   #47
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've updated my Gen3 from the original firmware v476 to v538 and that worked just fine. Obviously I haven't tried the NEW firmware - it hasn't been released yet.

Good idea to wait and see if the general consensus is that the update works OK before applying it, if you're a little unsure about it.
We'll form an orderly queue behind ..........
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #48
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I'm not worried...I'm planning to update my Cybook as soon as I can get it.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #49
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Sorry, but we're talking, what, nine buttons here? Four on the left edge, one on top, two on the right edge, a four-way navigation rocker and, inside the navigation rocker a central button. It's not as if you had to pick out the 'Enter' button from one of 104+, unlabeled keys.
And I could have tested every button and it would not have worked with any button since I had made another mistake. I had no way provided by Bookeen to confirm that I used the corrected button since they did not tell me properly what button to use. After a while I realized my other mistake and solved the problem.

Last edited by tompe; 04-08-2008 at 05:50 PM.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #50
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And I could have tested every button and it would not have worked with any button since I had made another mistake. I had no way provided by Bookeen to confirm that I used the corrected button since they did not tell me properly what button to use. After a while I realized my other mistake and solved the problem.

You couldn't look at the Cybook Gen3 User's Guide - which happens to come with the Cybook (on the device) as well as being available for download from Bookeen?

And I know that when *I* have written instructions, I've always clearly stated that it was on the front of the Cybook - which means that you'd have been down to just two buttons, the navigation one and the central one inside the navigation rocker. 50% chance of getting it right - just by guessing. And given that pressing the rocker would not have started the install process, you'd pretty much know you guessed wrong.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2008, 06:34 PM   #51
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
I appreciate this heads up, I didn't know the difference between firmware and software. So now I will wait for your approval before installing the update (assuming there is an update). Or have you already tried it and declared that it works perfectly?
Your post did make it seem that all you had to do was swap out the old system folder to get back to the previous firmware.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #52
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You couldn't look at the Cybook Gen3 User's Guide - which happens to come with the Cybook (on the device) as well as being available for download from Bookeen?
That was what I did. In the user guide the button is not called "enter". As I said, there was no way to confirm that the D-pad-middle button was the correct button with the information provided by Bookeen.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #53
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
And I know that when *I* have written instructions, I've always clearly stated that it was on the front of the Cybook - which means that you'd have been down to just two buttons, the navigation one and the central one inside the navigation rocker. 50% chance of getting it right - just by guessing. And given that pressing the rocker would not have started the install process, you'd pretty much know you guessed wrong.
Read what I wrote. I had made another mistake so the correct button did not work. So there was no chance at all getting it correct by pressing any button. Was I unclear when I wrote this before?
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 PM   #54
JWLaRue
Addict
JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JWLaRue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (blue, of course!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
That was what I did. In the user guide the button is not called "enter". As I said, there was no way to confirm that the D-pad-middle button was the correct button with the information provided by Bookeen.
Odd...since the Bookeen web site specifically lists an "enter" button in their technical specs for the cyBook.......

-Jeff
JWLaRue is offline   Reply With Quote