Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #1
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Question Tag browser categories order

I was trying to figure out how to order categories in tag browser but couldn't find anything. I mean I'd like the important to me categories be on top, the rarely used ones at the bottom, the ones related to each other near each other.

For example I'd like to have at the top and near together categories like book length, genre etc. And categories which I use for managing my library at the bottom together.

Is it possible?
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Nope. They are ordered alphabetically within category kind. You can't change that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Ok, I guess I can change the headings so it sorts in a way I want.

Thanks for the answer

It sorts according to look up name? I changed adding A and X at the beginning of the look up name and the sort order stayed the same...

Last edited by Noughty; 10-09-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
It sorts according to look up name? I changed adding A and X at the beginning of the look up name and the sort order stayed the same...
Yes, they sort by the lookup name. At least, they are supposed to, and do for me. You must restart calibre to see the changes.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
Noughty
Addict

I was supposed to write heading in that post. Yes it sorts by look up name. I got it working. Had to fix rules after renaming too.

Now instead of #status I have to use #astatus
A little silly but as long as it works
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
I have the very same problem. Is there any way to change the order of the categories shown in the tag browser, and I mean here the standard categories (not my custom ones)? I do use publishers and ratings, but rarely in comparison to e.g. tags and my genre custom column, so I wouldn't mind having tags as the first position on the whole list.

The only solution I've managed to come up with is to create customn columns made from publishers, ratins etc. in order to have them displayed on the bottom of the list, but this would be kinda clumsy.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
I have the very same problem. Is there any way to change the order of the categories shown in the tag browser, and I mean here the standard categories (not my custom ones)? I do use publishers and ratings, but rarely in comparison to e.g. tags and my genre custom column, so I wouldn't mind having tags as the first position on the whole list.
No, there is no way to control the order of categories in the tag browser.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I added a tweak to control the order of categories in the tag browser. It is available in source now and will be generally available in the next release (0.8.41). The tweak category is "Control order of categories in the tag browser". The tweak documentation is under the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Code:
# Change the following dict to change the order that categories are displayed in
# the tag browser. Items are named using their lookup name, and will be sorted
# using the number supplied. The lookup name '*' stands for all names that
# otherwise do not appear. Two names with the same value will be sorted
# according the the default order; the one used when the dict is empty.
# Example: tag_browser_category_order = {'series':1, 'tags':2, '*':3}
# resulting in the order series, tags, then everything else in default order.
tag_browser_category_order = {'*':1}
Old 02-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Wow, this will be just perfect! Thanks a lot!

By the way, is there in Calibre any way to change the order in which categories' values (e.g. tags) are displayed in the tag browser? I use a workaround with punctuation marks in the beginning of a tag, so that some tags are higher in the order than they would be alphabetically.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

You have three choices provided by the "sort by" box below the tag browser: name, rating, and popularity (count). No other sorting mechanism exists.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
Joanna
Groupie

Thank you. I don't use ratings so maybe I will use them to cheat the order .
Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I added a tweak to control the order of categories in the tag browser. It is available in source now and will be generally available in the next release (0.8.41). The tweak category is "Control order of categories in the tag browser". The tweak documentation is under the spoiler.
Spoiler:
Code:
# Change the following dict to change the order that categories are displayed in
# the tag browser. Items are named using their lookup name, and will be sorted
# using the number supplied. The lookup name '*' stands for all names that
# otherwise do not appear. Two names with the same value will be sorted
# according the the default order; the one used when the dict is empty.
# Example: tag_browser_category_order = {'series':1, 'tags':2, '*':3}
# resulting in the order series, tags, then everything else in default order.
tag_browser_category_order = {'*':1}
Bonjour chaley,

I know this thread is rather old; I found it by Googling. I was looking for a way to sort the Tag Browser.

Your tweak is exactly what I needed.

Merci beaucoup!

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote