Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
maxivittor
maxivittor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Restricting font size

Hi everybody!

I´m trying to restrict the font sizes in an epub. It has a double column layout with vertical images and when I resize type on iPad the layout breaks apart and images jump to other pages.

Is there any way to specify a font size and to restrict users from resizing it?

I´m new here so if I posted in the wrong place please let me know!
Thanks!
maxivittor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't know if you can do so with iBooks since iBooks is rather odd. But if you can do it, set your font sizes using a fixed size such as points (pt). In proper ePub, this will prevent the font from changing size. But this is iBooks, so it may not work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
If you are targeting iPad's iBook application directly this fixed layout blog may assist.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
maxivittor
maxivittor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks dudes!

I´ll tell you how it goes
maxivittor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub, font size, ipad