Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
jessaka
Edge User

Magazines

Is there a way to read magazines on the edge? I see that there is a link to magazines, but I don't see where I can download them.

Old 09-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #2
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I get magazines here http://www.magazinesdownload.com/

Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
NiaTrue
Edge User

Also, for later, Zinio swears they're creating an Android app for devices running froyo (2.2), though they won't give an ETA.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #4
jonnickell
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Cheyenne, I tried the provided link.....picked a mag. ......and hit the download button, all I get is an ad pop up? The web site has no explaination link on it....how much the mags cost or how to pay.....is this site for real or am I just having a bad day? ( Actually my day has been pretty great....took the day off and made a 4 day weekend of it!!!)

Jon

Old 09-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
emen
Edge User

Just choose the magazine and click on the download link, then you'll get a pop up window with the link e.g. from depositfiles. It seems to me they're free.

Advert
Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
jonnickell
Edge User

I tried that several times.....all I get is a pop up window with an ad every time I click the download button....I even rebooted my computer and tried Firefox to no avail. I don't have to download dirrectly to the edge do I? I use a windows pc for the Forums. (Big Screen, Wireless Keyboard, Comfortable bed.)

Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
borisb
Edge User

Hi Jon. I think I see what you're doing. When you click on a magazine picture in a page showing all the magazine covers, you get to a detail page for the magazine issue. At the top is a big "Download" button, which pops up an ad. Not what you'd expect, right?

Well, scroll down the page a bit to below the magazine cover image (on this detail page), and you'll see "Download Links" in a box, with "DepositFiles.com" and "Hotfile.com" listed. Those are the download links (well, they'll take you to another page where you can wait and download slowly for free, or sign up for immediate and fast downloads (I'm wary of signing up, as I think these sites may be somewhat "greysites").

Old 09-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
jonnickell
Edge User

Thanks Boris, I didn't notice the hotlinks there.......I guess I was tired! I did look for other download buttons though so I guess I just looked too quickly. Anyway worked great this time.

However, I still wonder how legal this is.....these are commercial and recent magazines....I couldn't find anything on the site that tells how they are able to do this.

Thanks again, Jon

Old 09-04-2010, 07:15 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

I'd gladly pay for PDF magazine subscriptions if the publishers offered them for Adobe Digital Editions...