Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-23-2024, 01:18 PM   #61
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I ditched "The Lager Queen of Minnesota", J. Ryan Stradal, on page 220 of 280.
I felt that he was taking me for a ride.
I can take Cinderella fairy tales but at some point it sticks in my craw.
I had read "Kitchens of the Great Midwest" a while ago and the "feel good" didn't seem so cloying.
YMMV
Next on the stack: "Machine Gun Manual" (1917)
I hope that it's not too upbeat.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:01 PM   #62
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I DNF 3 this year. Mainly because the books did not interest me or got to be too boring to stay engaged in the story
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:04 PM   #63
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Today I DNF A fate inked in blood. Writing style a bit juvenile. Story bland.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 01:32 AM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Last year I set a personal record by DNFing 5 titles. None so far this year.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 01:48 AM   #65
Aylfllough
Aylfllough began at the beginning.

Device: reMarkable 2
I just read The Road, and his tenuous grasp on punctuation is obnoxious, indeed.
Aylfllough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 08:07 AM   #66
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Prophet Song by Paul Lynch. I gave up on this fairly quickly. I read the first couple of pages and I'm not currently in the mood to give this the effort it would need. Maybe I'll visit this again in the future.

This is the second Booker Prize winner book I haven't cared for, although I made it through The English Patient. Reading Booker Prize winners is one of my long term goals.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 02:27 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Prophet Song by Paul Lynch. I gave up on this fairly quickly. I read the first couple of pages and I'm not currently in the mood to give this the effort it would need. Maybe I'll visit this again in the future.

This is the second Booker Prize winner book I haven't cared for, although I made it through The English Patient. Reading Booker Prize winners is one of my long term goals.
I don't read a book just because it's won an award. I find a lot of award winning books to be sort of not all that good.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 02:33 PM   #68
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't read a book just because it's won an award. I find a lot of award winning books to be sort of not all that good.
Neither do I. It has to be an award I'm interested in.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote