Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-11-2024, 08:53 AM   #31
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I just finished my January prompt. It was not a bad continuation of the series, but one thing that did bug me was the sloppy editing/proofreading: A Korean character, who was only mentioned a handful of times, never had her name spelled the same way twice.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 09:11 AM   #32
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I just finished my January prompt. It was not a bad continuation of the series, but one thing that did bug me was the sloppy editing/proofreading: A Korean character, who was only mentioned a handful of times, never had her name spelled the same way twice.
I just started my first prompt book last night. Ended up reading nearly a third of it in one sitting.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:00 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I'll be finishing my January entry either today or tomorrow. Then I'll be starting my February entry and finishing that in January.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:28 AM   #34
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I'm further in my reading goals than I anticipated. I finished If We Were Villains by ML Rio, Die unendliche Geschichte / Neverending Story by Michael Ende and Herbert West, Reanimator by HP Lovecraft. I wrote down a few words about the books here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...84#post4395884

Last edited by rantanplan; 02-07-2024 at 09:31 AM.
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:17 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've finished 2 books and am on my way to finishing the 3rd.

Martha Wells - Exit Strategy
John Lescroart - Dead Irish
Old 02-20-2024, 03:48 AM   #36
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finished my February prompt on Monday, San Marino, la storia in miniatura. It was an interesting and informative experience. The writer's very personal and subjective narration of his country's history was at times a bit TOO emotive for my tastes, but overall I'm glad \I read it. It did lead me to learn more about Romagnol, including one word that drew a " yesssss" from my non-Anglophone Sammarinese friend when I used it of his Mum, so that was a small win
Old 02-20-2024, 09:12 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I forgot to mention that the 3rd book is finished.

It's The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket. It's a short one for February.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #38
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Thanks for starting this challenge, astrangerhere!

Last year I fell off when I planned a book that I didn't really want to read for March. This year, I'm using the challenge the way I usually do: I don't plan to read specific books or follow the suggested schedule, but whenever I finish a book I check if it fits one of the prompts. If I come close to completing the challenge I'll look for books that fit the prompts I'm still missing. I'm halfway already
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 02:45 PM   #39
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildea View Post
I don't plan to read specific books or follow the suggested schedule, but whenever I finish a book I check if it fits one of the prompts. If I come close to completing the challenge I'll look for books that fit the prompts I'm still missing. I'm halfway already

Last year, I stuck religiously to the "schedule", but this year I'm likely to be more flexible, like you. I read book 3 of a series for my January prompt, then read book 4 (not a prompt), but have book 5 as my DECEMBER prompt, and have realised there ain't no way I'm gonna be able to hold out that long to finish the series
Old 02-20-2024, 04:04 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've populated the reading list. But could change it if I change my mind. So far no changes.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:44 PM   #41
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles: PW5, Voyage, & Keyboard
I finished January's prompts and I'm halfway through February. Last year, I did one book for each month. This year, I'm doing both prompts for each month.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 09:13 PM   #42
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Still reading March's book. Started a bit late.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 02:14 PM   #43
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Still reading March's book. Started a bit late.
Same, but I did read a book from later in the year already, so I am not "behind" as it were.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:11 PM   #44
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I just managed to finish my March book on the 31st. I wasn't really enjoying it, so kept finding other things to do I suppose. April should be easy with Wodehouse!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote