Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2021, 08:10 AM   #1
memelord261
memelord261 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Jailbroken Paperwhite 3 not refreshing recently read list

Hello

I have this issue where my jailbroken PW3 won't update the recently read books and has been stuck like that for months, which makes the book cover as lock screen feature useless (as it's always stuck on a book I read months ago)

The issue started sometime like 6 months ago and at first it would take long to refresh the latest read book until it stopped updating the recently read list completely

Should I update?
Would updating the firmware fix it?
Would I lose the jailbreak?
Would I brick the reader?

I have FW version 5.7.2, it's jailbroken and has been in flight mode for like two years, except for a few times I used wikipedia.

Thank you for reading.
memelord261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The date/time is probably wrong.

You can either fix it manually (setdate/;setdate, look it up), or let it do a sync (not an update, just a sync), assuming you've blocked OTA.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #3
memelord261
memelord261 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The date/time is probably wrong.

You can either fix it manually (setdate/;setdate, look it up), or let it do a sync (not an update, just a sync), assuming you've blocked OTA.
This did the job!
I just connected for a moment and then disconnected immediately. That changed my datetime and now the recents section is working as intended.

Thanks a lot!
memelord261 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, paperwhite 3, pw3, recently read