Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Adobe ID and Password Requirement

I own a PRS 900 and must use both my Sony and Adobe ID's and passwords.

I gave a PRS 505 to my grandaugther. For some reason she only has to use the Sony ID and Password. She does NOT have to use the Adobe ID and Password.

What is going on? Frankly, I find the Adobe requirement superfluous. Why does the 900 require Adobe and the 505 does not?

I figured it out myself. If one uses the same ID and Password for Adobe and Sony Reader Store, the program will never ask for one's Adobe Password again. I changed my Adobe password to match Sony.

Last edited by sirmaru; 05-10-2010 at 08:44 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I figured it out myself. If one uses the same ID and Password for Adobe and Sony Reader Store, the program will never ask for one's Adobe Password again. I changed my Adobe password to match Sony.
That makes our job of trying to help so much easier.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
I might remember that the latest version of the Sony Reader software makes Adobe Digital obsolete as the features are included but i'm not sure.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Adobe still required

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDream View Post
I might remember that the latest version of the Sony Reader software makes Adobe Digital obsolete as the features are included but i'm not sure.
The latest Sony Reader Library Version 3.1.00.12040 still requires Adobe. Just click in Help, About and it shows the Adobe requirement.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The latest Sony Reader Library Version 3.1.00.12040 still requires Adobe. Just click in Help, About and it shows the Adobe requirement.
Done that.
Sony Reader Library 3.1.01.01250.
Nothing said about ADE required but "This computer is authorized for Adobe DRM-protected content." (translated from german)
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 02:41 AM   #6
Alexpride
Enthusiast
Alexpride began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900, Nook Color
where can I change my adobe password?

Last edited by Alexpride; 05-17-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Alexpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
where can I change my adobe password?
Are you asking about changing it on the device or changing your account password? The latter can be done from the adobe web site — log in and proceed from there. The device you probably handle through the Sony Reader software, can't remember now. Or maybe if you try to log in from the reader it'll prompt you for the password.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #8
Alexpride
Enthusiast
Alexpride began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmapr View Post
Are you asking about changing it on the device or changing your account password? The latter can be done from the adobe web site — log in and proceed from there. The device you probably handle through the Sony Reader software, can't remember now. Or maybe if you try to log in from the reader it'll prompt you for the password.
I was asking about the account password, I was trying to log in the Adobe Digital Edition account or site (there is none), everything is simply under adobe.com

Thanks!!!!!!!!
Alexpride is offline   Reply With Quote