Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
byelims
byelims began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle 4 sync issue

Hello. Recently I made a mobi e-book by myself. Yesterday, I realized that even self-made mobi can sync the furthest location between devices with ASIN. So I add it manually and it works well on PC & Android. But the sync option is gray on Kindle 4. I tried to open an Amazon-sold book, it is OK.

So do you have this problem on Kindle 4? Whether it still works on Kindle 3? Or maybe I made some mistakes on the mobi?

Last edited by byelims; 11-18-2011 at 12:29 AM.
byelims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by byelims View Post
Hello. Recently I made a mobi e-book by myself. Yesterday, I realized that even self-made mobi can sync the furthest location between devices with ASIN. So I add it manually and it works well on PC & Android. But the sync option is gray on Kindle 4. I tried to open an Amazon-sold book, it is OK.

So do you have this problem on Kindle 4? Whether it still works on Kindle 3? Or maybe I made some mistakes on the mobi?
It needs to be emailed to your Kindle so it's part of the Personal documents cloud then it will work.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 AM   #3
byelims
byelims began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It needs to be emailed to your Kindle so it's part of the Personal documents cloud then it will work.
Thanks for your reply. I have tried as what you said, but the Presonal Documents only sync between Kindle Devices. Kindle Devices can't read the location on PC & Android, and vice versa.

I just found how to fix the issue. I didn't add EXTH record 501. Thank DiapDealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If the ebooks (on the multiple devices) share a valid Amazon ASIN number (EXTH Record 113) and EXTH record 501 (cdetype) contains the value 'EBOK' (rather than 'PDOC'), WhisperSync will happily keep track of your "Furthest Read" point on the various devices.
byelims is offline   Reply With Quote