Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #16
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
AFAIK they don't work the way specs say they should be supported.
The fact that you might tweak them in somehow doesn't count.
Fact is Apple pisses on the specs so their files shouldn't be considered as examples for what goes or not with an epub
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #17
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Agree, and already people are saying that iBooks is more 'flexible'. More ignorant they mean...

I know my ePUBs don't really work well on iBooks because I use some coding that iBooks doesn't support, but almost all readers do. I refuse to alter my ePUB's. People that have my ePUB's and want to read in iBooks must adapt the files themselves, because I won't. I want the coding there for the effect it gives.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 03:28 AM   #18
virtual_ink
Zealot
virtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheesevirtual_ink can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPad2, Kindle
I'm wondering if EPUB 3 will require javascript knowledge?

I can handle the learning curve for ID to epub conversions (with the requisite xhtml and css editing) but as someone still new to the process - I'm hoping these skills don't become redundant when EPUB 3 arrives!
virtual_ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:31 AM   #19
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
You don't need to include javascript for ePUB3. Only if you want to use the functionality of javascript in your book.
For a normal book nobody in his/her right mind would include javascript.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote