Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #466
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Is there any chance of some kind formatter making an illustrated lrf of Mary Roberts Rinehart's "The Window at the White Cat"? It's available from Manybooks, but they put a brief description in the places where illustrations should be. It isn't in the memorial library in any format.
Thanks.
There is an illustrated html version available at:

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/wom...t/cat/cat.html

Is that the copy you're referring to? If so I can convert it for you.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #467
pstjmack
Connoisseur
pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.pstjmack knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Android tablet
The Walter De La Mare Omnibus (1933) - or any ghost story anthology by De La Mare!

There ought to be some in the public domain - in fact, many of the individual stories should be. But I've never been able to track them down. Anyone have any ideas? And btw, not 'Henry Brocken', 'The Return', 'Seaton's Aunt', and the other very early ones already on Gutenberg.
pstjmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #468
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Yes, George, that's the version I mean. The illustrations are omitted in the manybooks version, I would be so pleased if you could convert the html to lrf for me, thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #469
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j5454124 View Post
Someone anyone im looking for the ellen hopkins books all of them i dont care what format i can convert it myself i just really want the books and cant find them anywhere if need be so i can receive them privately(aka email) but i in desperate need of getting those books....
Ellen Hopkins writes current YA bestsellers; they're all covered by copyright, and not available for free distribution. They are available for purchase at most major ebook stores; they seem to be between $10 and $12 each, mostly.

In other words: Mobileread is not going to help you find bootleg ebooks. This thread is for requests for public-domain and creative-commons works, or works where the author's given permission for the books to be distributed.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #470
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Yes, George, that's the version I mean. The illustrations are omitted in the manybooks version, I would be so pleased if you could convert the html to lrf for me, thanks.
The book is here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192637

The only lrf reader I have is Calibre so let me know if you have any problems with it.

Cheers,
George
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #471
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Thank you. I've downloaded it and will put it on the reader tomorrow. I'll let you know on the download thread how it looks on my 505.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #472
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I would gladly pay for an epub or mobi version of this book if only I could find it. Strangely, an HTML version does exist, but no one's actually converted and formatted it. If someone wants to do the basic work and have me proofread, I'd be happy to:

Minima Moralia, by Theodor Adorno (translated by Dennis Redmond):

HTML Version

The HTML version seems to be licensed by Creative Commons.

Source

=================

Also: +1 for a lovely formatted version of Elizabeth and Essex, by Lytton Strachey (or, really, anything by him, including his translations of Freud).

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-04-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #473
GeorgeH
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Also: +1 for a lovely formatted version of Elizabeth and Essex, by Lytton Strachey (or, really, anything by him, including his translations of Freud).
I've placed copies of Elizabeth and Essex in the library.

epub version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192877

mobi version:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192876

Formatting errors, etc are mine

Cheers,
George
Old 10-05-2012, 03:21 AM   #474
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks tons for that, George!

Again: Anyone whose interested in creating an epub and/or mobi edition of Adorno's Minima Moralia will have my support. I'm willing to proofread all or a good portion of the HTML's text against that of my physical copy if necessary.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:36 AM   #475
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
I would gladly pay for an epub or mobi version of this book if only I could find it.
Here are some quick and dirty .epub and .mobi versions to get you started.

Last edited by Doitsu; 10-10-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Attachments deleted, because they're no longer needed.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM   #476
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Here are some quick and dirty .epub and .mobi versions to get you started. If you find typos, open the epub in Sigil, fix them and recompile with Kindle Previewer.
That's excellent, Doitsu! Are the conversions your handiwork?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #477
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
That's excellent, Doitsu! Are the conversions your handiwork?
I wouldn't exactly call it handiwork, because it took me only 10 minutes with Sigil to generate it from the pretty good HTML source.
It still needs to be checked for errors and is missing a cover page.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #478
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
I wouldn't exactly call it handiwork, because it took me only 10 minutes with Sigil to generate it from the pretty good HTML source. It still needs to be checked for errors and is missing a cover page.
I noticed the lack of a cover because I was able to send the file to my Kindle at work (where I don't have Calibre or Sigil), but the text looks great.

One issue, which we might want to discuss privately so as not to derail the thread:

Every time I try to open an HTML file or conversion, or edit a preexisting epub book in Sigil, I seem to lose part of the text. I was working on a version of At-Swim Two Birds and ceased once bits of text began disappearing. I didn't know how to stop the process, let alone undo it.

That's the only reason I hesitate to work on Minima Moralia in Sigil. If you wouldn't mind trading a few emails on the subject, perhaps I can take your conversion, add a cover and hone the text. I have a beautiful hardcover of MM to which to compare it.

Whether you choose to advise me or not, thanks tons for converting and uploading the book! Such a pleasure to see the text on my Galaxy S and PRS-350.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 10-08-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #479
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Thanks, I've been wanting to read this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
I've placed copies of Elizabeth and Essex in the library.
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #480
Arthursbedtime
Enthusiast
Arthursbedtime doesn't litterArthursbedtime doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post
Is ELIZABETH AND ESSEX by Lytton Strachey in public domain? If so, could someone please be kind enough to upload an .epub version? I just watched the old Bette Davis version and thought it would be fun to read the book.
find epub at http://arthursbookshelf.com/projectgutenberg/

Arthur
Arthursbedtime is offline   Reply With Quote