Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
benn600
Enthusiast
benn600 is on a distinguished road

Lots of music issues

Not sure why but I keep having trouble with audio playback. It works sometimes but still has issues. First: whenever I copy mp3s to my SD card, I never see them all. One time I saw 16 and now I am seeing 30 audio files--and I have 30 images, too. Is there a limit to how many audio files can be used?

Too bad it didn't show a folder structure. I have some audiobooks synced as well but they don't even sort correctly--lol. If they were in folders it would be easier to keep separate from other stuff.

I really like the audio playback capabilities and want to utilize them. There are just so many strange issues: lockups, music stuttering, music continuous advance every 3 seconds (lol). It almost seems like after a fresh reset, it works for a little while. Right now, the songs are playing fine. But again, I only see 30 songs and I have well over 100 synced to it.
benn600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
benn600
Enthusiast

In addition, I really think if it flashed the screen twice with the new info, it would literally eliminate ghosting. Notice when you reset it that it flashes the screen at least 3 times. They want the boot image to look as crystal clear as possible.
Advert
Old 05-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #3
Elltrain
Elltrain began at the beginning.

Yes, and double the refresh rate and halve the battery life in the process

The ghosting is barely even noticeable to me, in fact it looks like a book with a nice light on it, and you can see through to the next page! In reality it's the last page but whose counting? Oddly, the ghosting is aesthetically appealing to me.
Elltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #4
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
get an ipod and leave the reading to the sony.
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:08 AM   #5
benn600
Enthusiast

I have one, 8GB. I also have a 6GB Sansa. And a 512MB Muvo. And a 128MB Muvo. And an iPaq 2GB. And an MP3 CD player.
Advert