Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Moon+ Reader manual?

I just got the pro version of this device but can't seem to get it to select text. I've tried turning off all of the page turning but it still tries to turn the page on a long tap instead of selecting text. How do I get it to stop doing that? I 'vs set the control option for long tap to select text and turned off all page turning except swiping right to left. There doesn' the seem to be a manual for this app.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeling View Post
I just got the pro version of this device but can't seem to get it to select text. I've tried turning off all of the page turning but it still tries to turn the page on a long tap instead of selecting text. How do I get it to stop doing that? I 'vs set the control option for long tap to select text and turned off all page turning except swiping right to left. There doesn' the seem to be a manual for this app.
I just bought the pro version today too! I am a bit lost myself. moondownload.com has some Faq, and I will be spending some time googling tomorrow. I have spent hours and got the SMP5 setup, but boy on the KFHD is another story! Can't get to all of the options. I am lost on the KFHD!

There are many options, I am sorry I can't be of more help. Keep clicking on settings. At least on the android unit I can somewhat get it fixed. Not the KFHD though.

I have noticed it makes 2 copies of a book, 1 and 2. Look at your Books, then Moon...., I am sure this has come up before.

I do love the themes and there are lots of different font sizes and types. I made the option of touching the right side you can keep enlarging the size.

This really is a complex app. But it does alot, just let me know if you find any info.

I tried the Mantano Premium for 15 minutes and I didn't find it as easy as the Moon reader. Yeah right.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #3
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
I just bought the pro version today too! I am a bit lost myself. moondownload.com has some Faq, and I will be spending some time googling tomorrow. I have spent hours and got the SMP5 setup, but boy on the KFHD is another story! Can't get to all of the options. I am lost on the KFHD!

There are many options, I am sorry I can't be of more help. Keep clicking on settings. At least on the android unit I can somewhat get it fixed. Not the KFHD though.

I have noticed it makes 2 copies of a book, 1 and 2. Look at your Books, then Moon...., I am sure this has come up before.

I do love the themes and there are lots of different font sizes and types. I made the option of touching the right side you can keep enlarging the size.

This really is a complex app. But it does alot, just let me know if you find any info.

I tried the Mantano Premium for 15 minutes and I didn't find it as easy as the Moon reader. Yeah right.
Yeah I can't really use an eReaders that won't let me select text no matter how groovy the themes. It's just useless.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Just figured it out. If you tap the center of the screen once before long tapping you can select text (or whatever control you've set for a long tap).
Old 12-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
freewheeling
Nameless Being

Could still use a manual. Not too clear on what "toggle tap mode" means, and can't figure out what "share" means either. If you open Facebook the text you've selected doesn't show up in a new post, and there doesn't even seem to be a way to paste it if you've saved a copy to the clipboard, so what does "share" mean? Doesn't seem to mean anything.

And with no user manual what's "pro" about it?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Could still use a manual. Not too clear on what "toggle tap mode" means, and can't figure out what "share" means either. If you open Facebook the text you've selected doesn't show up in a new post, and there doesn't even seem to be a way to paste it if you've saved a copy to the clipboard, so what does "share" mean? Doesn't seem to mean anything.

I would email them. Share means send to Dropbox (I think). I still think it is better than Mantano. Hopefully someone will step in and help.

By the way the KFHD you touch the middle of the screen to get options, just like you had to for your fix.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:

Moon is the best reader but it does get done getting use to. The reason is that moon gives tons of control to its users.

-Toggle tap mode turns off taps to page turn , it limits the tap to only bring up the options. To page turn one has to Swype.

-Share means just that. Moon allows sharing on a ton of devices, I mainly use it for Evernote. But the feature is the same for all apps. You select whatever text you want to share in the moon app, hit more when the menu pops up, then select whatever app you want to post.

The way you paste is not Moon specific. That is done in the OS level. It is done by pressing and holding the text field you wish to paste to. A menu will pop up giving you the option to paste
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Moon is the best reader but it does get done getting use to. The reason is that moon gives tons of control to its users.

-Toggle tap mode turns off taps to page turn , it limits the tap to only bring up the options. To page turn one has to Swype.

-Share means just that. Moon allows sharing on a ton of devices, I mainly use it for Evernote. But the feature is the same for all apps. You select whatever text you want to share in the moon app, hit more when the menu pops up, then select whatever app you want to post.

The way you paste is not Moon specific. That is done in the OS level. It is done by pressing and holding the text field you wish to paste to. A menu will pop up giving you the option to paste
I am starting to really like it. It makes reading on the SMP5 great. I love the TSS. Shake to have it start playing is fun.

I am trying to get the books on the home page, and get confused with the books displayed all on one row. I am still trying to get it the way I want. Any tips?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TTS is one of my favorite features too, it still has the best TTS interface of all book readers. I use to love that shake feature but I can't tell you how many times TTS went off with my phone in my pants. Let me tell you, you get a lot of strange looks having a muffled female voice originating from an guys pants.

Yes it took me a very long time to get use to that, but truthfully I never really used those features too much. I usually use the "net" feature to download books from my calibre server and use the most recent list to access my book.

For the home screen, the list of books is the most recent so it does not list all of your books.

To see the books you have in your bookshelf you need to select the "My Shelf" view. There is a list view layout and grid layout.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #10
new

Quote:
TTS is one of my favorite features too, it still has the best TTS interface of all book readers. I use to love that shake feature but I can't tell you how many times TTS went off with my phone in my pants. Let me tell you, you get a lot of strange looks having a muffled female voice originating from an guys pants.

Yes it took me a very long time to get use to that, but truthfully I never really used those features too much. I usually use the "net" feature to download books from my calibre server and use the most recent list to access my book.

For the home screen, the list of books is the most recent so it does not list all of your books.

To see the books you have in your bookshelf you need to select the "My Shelf" view. There is a list view layout and grid layout.
I looked at the FAQ on the website and it tells you how to setup on Calibre. But I am a bit worried about security. Should I be? So you don't use Dropbox then?

Why does it show 2 version for one book (I show hidden files). One is small amount of space, and the other is larger.

Yeah I probably won't use the shake TSS, but I thought it was fun. I can imagine the looks you got when the voice went off

Thanks so I should use "My Shelf" it seemed to show all of the books on one row, I kept trying list, but I must be doing something wrong.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
Quote:
I looked at the FAQ on the website and it tells you how to setup on Calibre. But I am a bit worried about security. Should I be? So you don't use Dropbox then?

Why does it show 2 version for one book (I show hidden files). One is small amount of space, and the other is larger.

Yeah I probably won't use the shake TSS, but I thought it was fun. I can imagine the looks you got when the voice went off

Thanks so I should use "My Shelf" it seemed to show all of the books on one row, I kept trying list, but I must be doing something wrong.
Hi, there are many roads to Rome.
Calibre is a very good wat to organise e-books; not only building the database is easy, but also conversions and reformatting is great; f.i. when an epub doesn't format okay and the marges are to broad a reformat to epub is enough to cure the problem.
Now, let's say you use Calibre and you got Dropbox and you of course got at least one reading device.
What you can do is syn Calibre to the device directly, but you can also syn Calibre to a dropbox map if your device happens to be something you can run Dropbox on too. I do that for both my smartphone and Ipad, syn Calibre at home on my PC to dropbox (don't forget to start up Dropbox on the PC to syn the local map) and open dropbox on my portable device, select a book and then Dropbox gives the opportunity to open the book with a suitable app, in my case Moon+/Ibooks.
Sounds complicated but do it once and you'll get it.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
As far as a security risk i wouldn't worry, but your books will be exposed. However folks will have to know your IP address and your port number. I initially set this up for my kindle 2 so I could access books from anywhere in the would with my K2. But I've been able to use this everywhere else.

I do use dropbox but only to sync across my devices. Look for a thread titled "A poor man's Whispersync".

Quote:
Where are you seeing the two files from? The file system or the Moon app. I would guess one is the thumbnail the other is the book

Quote:
Use the grid view see the attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	moon screen view.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	97356  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #13
freewheeling
Nameless Being

I have another question. What is "share" actually for?

I've tried it on FBRead, MoonReader+ Pro, and Mantano Reader (Lite) and it always opens the same list of apps for me to choose from after I've selected a slug of text and hit "share." But when I try to share to FaceBook, which is were I usually share notes and passages on my Kindle, it just opens the status and tells me to "say something" but doesn't actually transmit the quote the way Kindle does. I can paste it, but when I do that the information on where the quote comes from is lost so I have to enter that by hand. Kobo allows sharing to FaceBook, but only quotes about the first line or two of the selection. As far as I can tell Kindle for Android has no way of posting these notes to FaceBook at all. I can't remember what Nook does, but I think it opens the same list of apps as the others and does the same thing (no quote/cite).

So is there a way to set up this sort of sharing to FaceBook that I've missed? I have the FaceBook App on a rooted IdeaPad S2109.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
So is there a way to set up this sort of sharing to FaceBook that I've missed? I have the FaceBook App on a rooted IdeaPad S2109.
I can't help you with Facebook because I don't use it on my phone. But I can confirm that share works great with many apps, email,sms, evernote, Google+,etc.... I mainly use sharing to store my notes in Evernote to organize them and make them searchable.

I've heard from many numerous sources that Facebook really sinks on Android. I'm guessing that is what you're experience is a result of a bad product. The rumor is Facebook is taking their android app seriously and is revamping their effort.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:43 PM   #15
new

Quote:
As far as a security risk i wouldn't worry, but your books will be exposed. However folks will have to know your IP address and your port number. I initially set this up for my kindle 2 so I could access books from anywhere in the would with my K2. But I've been able to use this everywhere else.

I do use dropbox but only to sync across my devices. Look for a thread titled "A poor man's Whispersync".

Where are you seeing the two files from? The file system or the Moon app. I would guess one is the thumbnail the other is the book

Use the grid view see the attached image
The double books are both places. I show hidden files. I won't worry about it.

I have an older Kindle 3 I think, they call it Wi-Fi on Amazon. Not sure how to get books there other than plugging it in. My hubby has that one now. Not sure how you do anything else with it, it doesn't really have much capability does it? Since he reads slow and lightly (not like me) I put enough books on it for a while

I did use Dropbox to put on another computer to access so at least I have learned that much. I am not as techy as some here. But I am learning

Thanks.