Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@GeckoFriend - you don't need to do any reinstalling of the plugin or removing/adding to the bars. Just drop the icon in there and restart calibre. This trick does work, you must have something wrong with your path. It should be in your case:
Code:
C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\images\Favourites Menu\favourites_menu.png
That's certainly much easier. Copy and paste of my path:

C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\ images\Favourites Menu\favourites_menu.png
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #32
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've given up (for now) changing the icon but now I can't add anything to the plugin. When I open Customize plugin I can see the various menu items to add but can't actually add anything. I've tried clicking and double-clicking. All of the options on the right side of the menu are greyed out.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:57 PM   #33
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@GeckoFriend - you can see that no-one else is reporting any issues with it, so it seems likely to be related all your tinkering. Menu items will be greyed out if the plugin cannot find them, such as referring to a menu item of a plugin that is no longer installed. The only ones that I know would have been greyed out after this update are if you put specific Reading List menu items on there, because they will no longer have the counts on them. Certainly I did not have to recreate my menu after upgrading for any other menu items, nor would I expect anyone else to have to. Post the current contents of your "Favourites Menu.json" file in a spoiler, I would be interested to see what the plugin is seeing right now.

Just remove the greyed out menu items on the RHS and re-add them. If you've completely knackered things just delete the "Favourites Menu.json" file and restart calibre.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
GeckoFriend
Guru

@kiwidude

What program do I use to open the json file?

I don't understand how to: "Just remove the greyed out menu items on the RHS and re-add them"

"If you've completely knackered things just delete the "Favourites Menu.json" file and restart calibre." - tried this and nothing changed

Attached is a screen shot of customize plugin menu:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Favourites_Menu.png
Views:	524
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	88548  
Old 06-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That screenshot shows everything is fine, apart from the fact that you haven't yet added any items to your menu? Once you start ticking items on the LHS the relevant buttons on the right will be enabled. When you said "options" on the right hand side originally I thought you were talking about menu items you had already configured. As for the JSON file, well it is irrelevant now you have deleted it, but any text editor would do it.
Old 06-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #36
GeckoFriend
Guru

Okay, it's working now. Evidently deleting the json file worked after all. Thanks kiwidude.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #37
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
That's certainly much easier. Copy and paste of my path:

C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\ images\Favourites Menu\favourites_menu.png
This may be a stupid remark, but you don't have a folder literally called "Myname" in your path, do you? If so, use your real user name instread.

E.g., if your user name on your computer would be "GeckoFriend" you would need to use the path C:\Users\GeckoFriend\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resou rces\images\Favourites Menu\favourites_menu.png
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #38
GeckoFriend
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
This may be a stupid remark, but you don't have a folder literally called "Myname" in your path, do you? If so, use your real user name instread.

E.g., if your user name on your computer would be "GeckoFriend" you would need to use the path C:\Users\GeckoFriend\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resou rces\images\Favourites Menu\favourites_menu.png
No, the path has my real name, neither "Myname" nor "GeckoFriend". Thanks for trying to help.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #39
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
As an FYI, the Windows environment variable %APPDATA% should refer to the
Code:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming
directory, so an easier way of specifying that is
Code:
%APPDATA%\calibre\resources

At least, on both Vista and Windows 7 it points to
Code:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming
and on XP to
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #40
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Add a hack to allow menu items from the Reading List plugin that have counts in them still be used in this plugin (without the counts)
@Jade - this should let you add those Reading List items to your menu now. Note that they won't have counts after their names like they have in the "original" Reading List menu. Trying to support that would have made it even more of a filthy hack than it already is. Hopefully there won't be too many more of these "dynamically changing menu names" that come up, we shall see.
Thanks. It works beautifully. I don't mind that it doesn't show the counts. It would be a nice feature, but it isn't neccessary. I really just want easy access to the lists so I can see what I'm reading quickly. When I'm at work, or on the bus, I don't want to waste time scrolling through a long list of options to view a list of the stories I am interested in reading. This is also why I use the reading lists in the first place, so I don't have to scroll through my entire library. This plugin allows me to have the buttons I need quick access to in one place.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM   #41
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.2 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support dynamically named menu names if they have a .favourites_menu_unique_name attribute

This release should allow menu items from the Reading List plugin display in an improved fashion.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #42
DedTV
Enthusiast
DedTV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505; Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Changes in this release:
  • Support dynamically named menu names if they have a .favourites_menu_unique_name attribute

This release should allow menu items from the Reading List plugin display in an improved fashion.
After updating from 1.0.1 the left tag browser disappears. Have 3 installs (3 different computers/libraries) and the same thing happened on all of them.

Had to remove the plug in, restart calibre then reinstall the plug in and after another restart everything is fine. Not a big deal, but it might cause some confusion for those updating if it happens to them too.
DedTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #43
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DedTV View Post
Had to remove the plug in, restart calibre then reinstall the plug in and after another restart everything is fine. Not a big deal, but it might cause some confusion for those updating if it happens to them too.
FYI I didn't experience this on my Windows 7 machine.

For others that might experience this issue, simply toggle the tag browser icon in the lower left corner next to Jobs (see attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tagbrowsertoggle.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	90264  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-06-2012 at 09:49 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #44
44reader
Connoisseur
44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese44reader can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Thanks for the update. I just though I'd mention that, like dwanthny, I didn't encounter DedTV's problem.
44reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #45
DedTV
Enthusiast
DedTV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505; Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
FYI I didn't experience this on my Windows 7 machine.

For others that might experience this issue, simply toggle the tag browser icon in the lower left corner next to Jobs (see attached)
Probably something with a different plug in or some other thing weird with my setup. Easily fixed so I didn't track down what it was.
Just didn't want anyone to panic if it wasn't.

Quote:
simply toggle the tag browser icon in the lower left corner next to Jobs
Didn't work with mine. There was some other GUI weirdness as well (like the saved search box was cloned where "Find Item in tag browser" should be.
But it looks like it was probably just my setup or at least, something very specific and rare.
Probably time to do a clean install.
DedTV is offline   Reply With Quote