Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Cannot dock "Book Browser" window [SOLVED]

Sorry for this simple problem, but I'm just now starting to explore - and want to learn - to use Sigil.

The 'Book Browser" window will not anchor anywhere. When I move it around, it does not relocate/resize the main window. There's no problem with the 'Table of Contents,' and 'Clips.'

Also, the 'Book Browser' window has only the 'X' - to open or close the window.

I must have clicked on something to cause this problem, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it back to anchor on the left side - or to anchor anywhere for that matter.

I'm using 0.7.0 version.

My apologies for such a simple question.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-25-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I've seen other people mention being unable to get it to re-dock (on certain versions of Windows, I believe), as well, so it may not be as simple as it sounds.

If double-clicking the title bar of the Book Browser fails to re-dock it, I've heard of others having to resort to deleting the sigil.ini file to fix it. Just make sure there's no keyboard shortcuts or other customizations you can't bear to lose before deleting.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Sorry for this simple problem, but I'm just now starting to explore - and want to learn - to use Sigil.

The 'Book Browser" window will not anchor anywhere. When I move it around, it does not relocate/resize the main window. There's no problem with the 'Table of Contents,' and 'Clips.'

Also, the 'Book Browser' window has only the 'X' - to open or close the window.

I must have clicked on something to cause this problem, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get it back to anchor on the left side - or to anchor anywhere for that matter.

I'm using 0.7.0 version.

My apologies for such a simple question.

Don
Deleting the Sigil.ini file is the way to recover. Once you have things as you like, make a backup (Copy of...) for a quick restore.

BTW 7.2 is the latest unless you have reasons
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To get the new version, should I simply delete all of 0.7.0 ?

Don
Old 06-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I uninstalled 0.7.0 and then downloaded 0.7.2 and I have the exact same problem.

The 'Book Browser' window only has an 'X' in it and moving it around does not anchor it anywhere.

ADDED: I double-clicked and it WORKED. (Double-clicking the one in 0.7.0 did not work.)

Thank you, everyone, for the help. I appreciate it!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-25-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Advert