Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
How to maintain a global CSS stylesheet

How can I maintain a global CSS stylesheet, i.e. a CSS file whose definitions apply to all the XHTML files of an ebook? I can manually include the stylesheet by editing the <HEAD> section of each XHTML file. But I was wondering whether Sigil provides any specific tools.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
If you include the stylesheet call in the <head> of the html document before you import it, (and assuming it's in the same directory as the css sheet you're importing), it will include the stylesheet call automatically in the head of each xhtml section/page, and import the css sheet at the same time. Once you've broken up the pages, you'll have to manually insert it, but you could do a S&R in Codeview to include it by using the </head> code....
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
If you include the stylesheet call in the <head> of the html document before you import it, [...]
I wasn't clear, I actually meant an ebook created from scratch with Sigil, not imported from existing HTML files.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoroso View Post
How can I maintain a global CSS stylesheet, i.e. a CSS file whose definitions apply to all the XHTML files of an ebook? I can manually include the stylesheet by editing the <HEAD> section of each XHTML file. But I was wondering whether Sigil provides any specific tools.
Sigil starts up with a blank page
You can "Add Existing" (stylesheet) if you have a base stylesheet you start from.

and put the standard css link in the head of the document:
Code:
  <link rel="stylesheet" href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" type="text/css" />
(use the actual file name if you want it to work )

Once Sigil has a sheet for the project, A Sigil-Split/ "Add New" will in include it in the next page
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Ducky, for clarifying my post, which was a quickie. {Groucho eyebrows here}. If you write a quickie, Ducky, is it a quackie?

Amaroso, are you good2go now?

Last edited by Hitch; 07-14-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added dreadful pun.
Advert
Old 07-15-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
amoroso
Groupie

Quote:
Yes, thanks.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thanks, Ducky, for clarifying my post, which was a quickie. {Groucho eyebrows here}. If you write a quickie, Ducky, is it a quackie?

You forgot to flick your "Stogie" while doing the eyebrow thing

Figuring out, just what Sigil does in different places is my challenge. Not everything works the way I expect it to happen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You forgot to flick your "Stogie" while doing the eyebrow thing

Figuring out, just what Sigil does in different places is my challenge. Not everything works the way I expect it to happen.
LOL, that's the understatement of the year! I'm nearly always surprised by something with every book I make. I mostly love it, though.

I tried to think of something clever to say about a metaphorical stogie, but my imagination failed me, probably because I've spent the day wrestling with the fools at Amazon. Honestly.... Don't get me wrong; what they've done for ebook publishing is the bee's knees, as they say...but bejaysus they can be a royal pain in the @ss to deal with about book formatting!! I've been back and forth with them about 10 times now as to WHY a Calibre-formatted .mobi won't work on K4PC, so I finally gave the frack up and ran the original Sigil-epub thru to .mobi and then back again to Calibre-gen'd-epub, through KindleGen, to get a .mobi that Amazon can't claim is somehow faulty on my part for any failure to display on K4PC. Just because THEY don't have K4PC working properly. Wankers.

Hitch