Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
I think there needs to be an adjustment to the ratio to account for the number of posts per day.

A person that makes many posts per day is penalized by how the system works. If I'm not mistaken, you can only make ten karma distributions per day. You also have to spread the karma around, so you can't give the same person additional karma until you give it out to a couple of different people first. Thus, someone might make 15 karma worthy posts in a day, but will only receive karma for two or three of the posts because of the limitations in the system.

By the way, I'm not doing this for my own advantage. My ratio of karma to posts is 29.5:1, however, I only make about 2 posts per day. If I had made several more posts per day, my karma could not possibly rise to offset the additional activity and my ratio would fall.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #17
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Somebody do me!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Somebody do me!
Ms. Gal:

you are 6.438:1
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
Ms. Gal:

you are 6.438:1
Gracious! And Gracias!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #20
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Somebody do me!
Didn't you just go for two weeks in the Love Shack?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
7.57:1 for me.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #22
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I'd recommend tiering by number of posts. 0-500 posts, 500-1000, 1000-2000, 2000-3000, 3000-4000, 4000-5000, and 5000-10000, and over 10000 posts.

I'm at 11.81:1 in the 2000-3000 bracket...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #23
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Didn't you just go for two weeks in the Love Shack?

No, he couldn't get it out and working...

... from the driveway. Thank heavens it broke down and we ended up in a motel! He and the neighborhood guys tore out the fuel system, flushed and cleaned everything out (wasted 70+ gallons of gas), put a new fuel filter into it, put it back together, and 10 hrs later we re-boarded the vessel. It got about a mile that time, all the way to the hardware store, before dying again. Now the guys think some of the fuel tank garbage is in the carburator, seeing as how the gas tank is all shiny and clean. I was just happy not to be living in it!

I think it is trying to destroy our marriage and kill me. We never fight, but there were 2 doozies that day! So after we got back, he cranked it up, and it purred like a kitten. If I had gotten into it, it would have either run me over as I was climbing in, or else jumped and slammed me off the tiny toilet or something. It is trying to kill me.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #24
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
You are all amateurs. 22.5:1. That's what I'm talkin' about.
If I cut off your head will I receive this power of yours?

<_<

>_>

There can be only one!
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #25
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
If I cut off your head will I receive this power of yours?

<_<

>_>

There can be only one!

I think you should do it and let's see what happens....
Old 06-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #26
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
I'm at 8.23 (500-1000 bracket)
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!

Hey Dylrob, your otters look a bit thin.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #28
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Ok, I was feeling ok until I read almost all who posted after me! Holy batman! I'm a slacker! Should I be setting up a roadside karma stand or something? Maybe holdout a "will work for karma" sign while pretending I have no legs? Or a "my car broke down, please give karma so I can get my family back to kansas" sign? Dance on tabletops? Actually, that might lose me points.

I guess I need to be taking desperate measures...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #29
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Ok, I was feeling ok until I read almost all who posted after me! Holy batman! I'm a slacker! Should I be setting up a roadside karma stand or something? Maybe holdout a "will work for karma" sign while pretending I have no legs? Or a "my car broke down, please give karma so I can get my family back to kansas" sign? Dance on tabletops? Actually, that might lose me points.

I'll settle for a batch of butterscotch cookies... kk thnx

::awatingpatiently::
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #30
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post

Even worse, write a new story based in Hawaii......
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote