Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
ohjeanne67
ohjeanne67 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Newbie waiting for my Kindle

Hi all
Santa bought me a Kindle for Christmas but it won't be delivered until Feb. Just checking forums for best covers and lights...why reinvent the wheel.
Hope to get to know you soon.
Ohjeanne
ohjeanne67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjeanne67 View Post
Hi all
Santa bought me a Kindle for Christmas but it won't be delivered until Feb. Just checking forums for best covers and lights...why reinvent the wheel.
Hope to get to know you soon.
Ohjeanne
Welcome ohjeanne!

You'll be oh so pleasantly surprised when you get your Kindle.

In the meantime, scour the forums here to learn more, and be sure and go back to amazon, under "kindle support" and download the Kindle Guide and the About your Kindle guide. You'll be a pro before you know it.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 12-28-2008 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That is a long wait I just bought a basic booklight. Works fine. I got my cover from etsy, but mine is for a PRS505 and not the kindle, I'm not sure if it would fit (and of course, the kindle owner in my house is on a cruise, so I can't check for you).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome! I'm sure you'll love your Kindle when it arrives - that's a horribly long wait though!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bought the original M-edge executive leather cover in red....its been awesome these last 6 months. Feels and smells wonderful.

However, after listening to the people over on the amazon Kindle discusssions page rave about the oberon covers (gag, $75!!!) I finally went to their site (www.oberon.com) and looked for myself.

Now I'm saving my pennies. US made, hand tooled, and from all acounts, a well made product.

I'm in no hurry, but when the money is saved, the butterfly is mine.

Good luck on whatever you decide on~
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I bought the original M-edge executive leather cover in red....its been awesome these last 6 months. Feels and smells wonderful.

However, after listening to the people over on the amazon Kindle discusssions page rave about the oberon covers (gag, $75!!!) I finally went to their site (www.oberon.com) and looked for myself.

Now I'm saving my pennies. US made, hand tooled, and from all acounts, a well made product.

I'm in no hurry, but when the money is saved, the butterfly is mine.

Good luck on whatever you decide on~

Those are purty!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Those are purty!
yes'm.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
ohjeanne67
ohjeanne67 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the welcome

Hi all
Thanks for the welcome. I have already decided on the Oberon ~the butterfly also..love purple. I have ordered the book light and now all I need it the dang Kindle. LOL
I will enjoy learning from all of you.
Ohjeanne
ohjeanne67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohjeanne67 View Post
Hi all
Thanks for the welcome. I have already decided on the Oberon ~the butterfly also..love purple. I have ordered the book light and now all I need it the dang Kindle. LOL
I will enjoy learning from all of you.
Ohjeanne
HA!! Great minds think alike.......
Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #10
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Oh here's mine:

I luvs it
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Very pretty, Lilac!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #12
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
welcome to the forum.

but what made you choose the kindle??? was the first thought, that went through my head???
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry001 View Post
welcome to the forum.

but what made you choose the kindle??? was the first thought, that went through my head???

Any particular reason she shouldn't have, Harry001?
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ohjeanne and welcome to the Forum. You will love your Kindle. Don't know if I could stand the with though. In fact, I could barely tolerate the 4 hours I had to wait till my Sony charged up when I got it back in January
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote