Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
iRex software upgrade plan

The irex website now gives a timescale for future firmware updates, starting next week
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Link: i to i Blog

======

Upcoming software updates for iRex DR1000S
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Karel Byloos

Earlier this week we released a statement, in which we confirmed that there is an issue with the current battery firmware of the iRex DR1000S that is causing the battery life to be at least 30% less than expected and even causing a charging issue in some cases. This problem will be solved with the next software update v1.02. Target date for this software update is the first week of November.

Following this update we are planning a larger update (v1.5) which will include more enhancements. I can not confirm a target date yet, but I can tell a bit more about what this update will include.

* Advanced Power Management: this will include the standby mode (suspend-to-RAM). This means that after x seconds the reader will go into standby mode in order to reduce the power consumption. This will substantially increase the battery life. By touching the sensors or using the stylus the reader will wake up again.

* Enhanced Scribble Performance: We are not completely happy with how the scribble functions is working right now and will be looking into improving this in order to offer a more accurate and natural writing experience.

* User customizable Toolbar: To allow users to quickly access to the functions and tools that matter the most to them, we are looking to add a user customizable toolbar into the status area. For example, you can add any of the tools like pencil, eraser, add bookmark or rotate to the toolbar and access them directly without the need to open the menu.

In addition to the above there will be a number of minor enhancements and bug fixes. More information will be announced in the coming weeks.

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 11-10-2008 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Correct Malformed URL
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
wonderful news isn't it ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 04:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think personally that it would have been better if they'd delayed the launch of the device until the above v1.5 of the software was ready.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
cjp
Zealot
cjp began at the beginning.

Device: HP Slate 500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3G+Wi-Fi, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post

* Advanced Power Management
* Enhanced Scribble Performance
* User customizable Toolbar

In addition to the above there will be a number of minor enhancements and bug fixes. More information will be announced in the coming weeks.
Good news indeed. This seems more like the DR1000S that I thought I purchased.
And just think - User Customizable Toolbar!
cjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
flyingtablet
flyingtablet began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Good news indeed. This seems more like the DR1000S that I thought I purchased.
And just think - User Customizable Toolbar!
Actually, I prefer incremental releases.
In stead of going from 1.0.2->1.5 directly, they should release:
1.1: power mgmt
1.2: fast scribbling
1.3: customizable toolbar
1.4: ...
1.5: ...
flyingtablet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #7
dpwe
dpwe began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr1000s
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post

======

Upcoming software updates for iRex DR1000S
Fri Oct 24, 2008 Karel Byloos

Earlier this week we released a statement, in which we confirmed that there is an issue with the current battery firmware of the iRex DR1000S that is causing the battery life to be at least 30% less than expected and even causing a charging issue in some cases. This problem will be solved with the next software update v1.02. Target date for this software update is the first week of November.
Anyone else notice that the first week in November is past with no sign of v1.02? Doesn't bode well for the unspecified release date for v1.5.

DAn.
dpwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #8
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Yes, but in their website and posts they have today said they do hope to get it out this week (w/c 10/11/11) It was delayed for unrelated reasons.
Their forum posts on their website also give hints about we can and cannot expect to see in the near(ish?) future wrt other issues too.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #9
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Download location

I know it is probably painfully obvious, but i went to the Irex site to download the latest firmware and for the life of me I can not find it - help please
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #10
jmaa
jmaa began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad & DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
I know it is probably painfully obvious, but i went to the Irex site to download the latest firmware and for the life of me I can not find it - help please
You can find the installation procedure on this link on the Irex site as well as link to the installation zip. ( the latest software release is 1.01)

You can as well update the DR1000 with the Irex companion software if installed on your PC. if not installed , you can find it on the Irex SD card in the /system/pc_application folder or download the DR1000 Card Contents from Irex update page

Good luck
jmaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #11
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
thanks!
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote