Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
More font questions...

I followed Anamardoll's excellent instructions for changing fonts on the 950 yesterday (an excellent guide, thanks a lot), but there's one little thing I'm unsure of. I've tried to find a number of the fonts recommended in various threads here, but I've not located any free ones which come in all 4 flavours (bold, italic, etc). While I have a few in mind for purchase later on, I thought I'd make do with free fonts right now.

So I wonder - what do I do if a single, regular-weight font is all I have? Do I just input the same file name for all the 4 variations in the css script? And what happens then if a book requests italic or bold?
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
When my favourite font was one that didn't have all types I toldit to use those from another, similar font. Just changed what file to look for in the css.
Now, in my 950 I use the Georgie eInk font that comes in different saturations. It comes in all styles. (I felt I needed a bit more saturation in the 950 than in the 350)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's what I assumed, thanks a lot for confirming it! Would you still have a link to Georgie by any chance?

If anyone else has links to good ereader fonts with R, B, I & BI all available, I'd be very grateful. I've been through most of the relevant threads, but although lots of fonts are mentioned and recommended, hardly anyone bother to mention where the fonts can be found.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I found it through this forum. Here's a link to another forum with a link to the actual download. I THINK that's where I got it.

http://booxusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=201&start=10

And by the way, isn't Anamardols description just great?! Not sure I would have tried it if I hadn't had it to follow!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Belfaborac
Wizard

Thanks a lot Asawi, very much appreciated! And yes, her guide couldn't possibly have been any better I think. A textbook example of how to write a clear and complete guide to doing something.
Advert