Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #1
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Cool Reader Font Warning after update

No issues with Cool Reader for a few years, until I updated it last night. Now whenever I start the app, return from the Options settings, or switch between day/night, I get the following warning:

“Font "Roboto" isn’t compatible with language “en-US”. Instead will be used fallback font.”

Tried ALL the Cool Reader fonts with the same results. No difference between the CSS being enabled or not either.

Has anyone got any ideas as to cause or solution? Using Android 4.2.2 on an Asus tablet.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
In book's properties language is specified in uppercase (EN instead en). If you don't have crash, don't mind it - it just informarmational. They promise fix it in the next version.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
In book's properties language is specified in uppercase (EN instead en). If you don't have crash, don't mind it - it just informarmational. They promise fix it in the next version.
Wow, that was fast! Thank you for this! Will look forward to the update.

FWIW, this is the first update that didn't respect my CSS setting of OFF. Not a big deal - simply had to enable, then disable Document Internal Styles.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #4
henry45
henry45 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite & eBoox
Just update with latest release , Crashes are fixed.

Source : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...org.coolreader
henry45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
VelvetElvis
Addict

Thanks for the update. :-)
Advert
Old 03-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #6
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry45 View Post
Just update with latest release , Crashes are fixed.

Source : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...org.coolreader
Went to update, and no update found. It seems they didn't change the version number, which is still sitting at 3.2.29-1, which is also the version number containing the bug mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

I don't want to uninstall/reinstall because of the numerous custom settings I've made.

Will have to switch readers for now, and hope this gets sorted out later.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:20 AM   #7
emma88
emma88 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle,Moon+,Calibre
I need to try Cool Reader app on my tablet. they are lot of options on free version.
emma88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:08 AM   #8
VelvetElvis
Addict

“Font "Roboto" isn’t compatible with language “en-US”. Instead will be used fallback font.”
also happened on my GF's Fire tablet. Update not found.

Wound up having to blow the cache and settings uninstall/reinstall. :-(
Old 03-27-2019, 09:42 AM   #9
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
I don't want to uninstall/reinstall because of the numerous custom settings I've made.
Almost all custom settings store in folder .cr3 in root.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
Almost all custom settings store in folder .cr3 in root.
Thank you.

It appears, however, that the update that was posted had the same version number as the installed version, so Google Play wouldn't think an update was warranted. Looked around for an .apk, to sideload, but without success.

I'm fairly diligent on frequently checking for updates, so anyone updating an older version of Cool Reader may not have seen this issue.

Problem confirmed twice for me on two devices.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:05 AM   #11
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
You can the latest release apk from here.
https://github.com/buggins/coolreader/releases
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 10:18 AM   #12
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
You can the latest release apk from here.
https://github.com/buggins/coolreader/releases
Thank you. That didn't go well. For whatever reason, installing on my Asus tab, got "Cool Reader has stopped working, so I've uninstalled it for now.

More concerning... Bought another Fire HD 8 this week. Side-loaded the Google Play store, and installed Cool Reader yesterday. *Same issue*. Is replicated every time I switch from day to night mode.

So for whatever reason, this bug is still not fixed. Pic attached.

EDIT: On my Asus, I cleared cache, ran CM Cleaner. Reinstalled and reconfigured. Bug remains on this tablet as well, when switching from day to night (which I do every day.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fire.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	170448  

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 03-28-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-29-2019, 05:05 AM   #13
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
Thank you. That didn't go well. For whatever reason, installing on my Asus tab, got "Cool Reader has stopped working, so I've uninstalled it for now.

More concerning... Bought another Fire HD 8 this week. Side-loaded the Google Play store, and installed Cool Reader yesterday. *Same issue*. Is replicated every time I switch from day to night mode.

So for whatever reason, this bug is still not fixed. Pic attached.

EDIT: On my Asus, I cleared cache, ran CM Cleaner. Reinstalled and reconfigured. Bug remains on this tablet as well, when switching from day to night (which I do every day.)
Did you delete the .cr folder that is sometimes left behind even after you uninstall
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #14
VelvetElvis
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Did you delete the .cr folder that is sometimes left behind even after you uninstall
No, because to be honest, I couldn't even find it. After I did the uninstall, I ran ES File Explorer, but didn't even see that folder. In a previous attempt to fix this on my Asus, I did run CM Cleaner, which claimed to have found Cool Reader remnants, but the problem remained.

As I mentioned previously, I'm not sure why, on a brand new install, on a brand new Fire tablet, bought within the last week, that this issue would still manifest itself. Could be something I'm changing in the options that trigger this, but the bug is definitely still there.

Last edited by VelvetElvis; 03-29-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:13 AM   #15
davemcfc
davemcfc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Yes, the bug is still there. I cleaned out everything CR-related and installed version 3.2.30-1, but the issue remained. I had at least made a backup of the .ini file, so I was able to recover my personal settings.
davemcfc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cool reader