Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #316
barrow
barrow began at the beginning.

Device: Want: Kindle 2 / Cybook Gen3 / Sony Daily Reader
Quote:
and, oh, timor leste managed to get into the list
Given the shit the poor Timorese have had to put up with from their neighbouring countries, they should all be given FREE kindles.

Quote:
So what's their excuse with Canada?
From what i've read on the internet (which never lies, right?), the problem with Canada is the same kind of thing, contractual issues with a wireless provider. If that's true, they probably want to sort it out before sending the product in.

Last edited by barrow; 10-10-2009 at 12:30 AM.
barrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:30 AM   #317
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
By area yes. But by population, not so much... around 40th or so.

BOb
Some big cities have more inhabitants than Canada.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 12:33 AM   #318
barrow

Quote:
And in turn, a hell of a lot more poverty...
Old 10-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #319
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
By area yes. But by population, not so much... around 40th or so.

BOb
Close - 36th.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:55 AM   #320
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Again, close but not quite. Tokyo has 32 million Canada has 36
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #321
barrow

Quote:
Again, close but not quite. Tokyo has 32 million Canada has 36
If only the international Kindle had Wiki access, we'd all be able to look up this kind of information!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:20 AM   #322
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaderigt View Post
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone thought of this:
- I already own a Kindle II and live in The Netherlands. Will that device be able to work like an international kindle at this point? Or in the future? (i just turned the wireless on, but there is no wireless now.))

eaderigt
Your Kindle has a CDMA wireless radio. The international Kindle has a GSM radio. European countries do not have CDMA mobile phone networks; we have GSM networks. The answer, therefore, is "no".

Last edited by HarryT; 10-10-2009 at 05:13 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #323
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Kindle DX is going international, too
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:29 AM   #324
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Ah. Now, THAT might be intersting.
If only it would read ePub, I would get one the day it gets out.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-10-2009 at 04:36 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 AM   #325
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
When I read this my first reaction was to go to Amazon page and order a Kindle, but thinking it over I rather just sit back and wait for the reaction of the other ebook reader manufacturers (specially Sony and Iliad), they will have to do something... Either sell cheaper or improve their product, and either way is good for us ebook freaks.

Apart from the fact thay I have an ebook reader and I should only buy another one if this other one really offers me something I need and my Cybook does not have.
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 AM   #326
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
Apart from the fact thay I have an ebook reader and I should only buy another one if this other one really offers me something I need and my Cybook does not have.
Yeap. That why i'm not interested in the Kindle. I already own a 6".
DX on the other hand, would allow to read pdf decently.

Quote:
I rather just sit back and wait for the reaction of the other ebook reader manufacturers (specially Sony and Iliad), they will have to do something... Either sell cheaper or improve their product, and either way is good for us ebook freaks
Yeap, more reader is always cool.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:09 AM   #327
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhari79 View Post
I would like to see the Kindle DX offered internationally.
Seems there are plans for an international version of the DX sometime next year: Link
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 AM   #328
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeap. That why i'm not interested in the Kindle. I already own a 6".
DX on the other hand, would allow to read pdf decently.
I cannot, off the top of my head, think of a less capable PDF reader than the Kindle DX. No table of contents, no hyperlinks, no searching, no annotation, .... , no anything, really.

The new iRex DR800 seems like a much better bet if you're after a larger-screen device for reading PDFs.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #329
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I cannot, off the top of my head, think of a less capable PDF reader than the Kindle DX. No table of contents, no hyperlinks, no searching, no annotation, .... , no anything, really.

The new iRex DR800 seems like a much better bet if you're after a larger-screen device for reading PDFs.
Ah, now i understand what some meant by 'limitation'.

Then, depends of who move first to make stuff availible in france, prices and all.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 10-10-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 AM   #330
ipromesisposi
ipromesisposi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Not exactly, I know people who has changed it and the lookup works. Sorry by not posting the link, but it's in Spanish. It works with any mobipocket dictionary.
¿Podrías poner el link?
Muchas gracias.https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...t/thankyou.gif
ipromesisposi is offline   Reply With Quote