Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: ipad
Copy books to Kindle with Collections

How do I load a set of books on my Kindle 3 organized into 'collections'? So far I have transferred books with Calibre and then put them into collections by hand one-by-one. The organizing into collections gets pretty tedious since it is a multiple step operation.

As an alternative, is there a way to select multiple books with an operation analogous to shift-click on a PC and then put them all into the same collection?

TIA for a great forum.

Bob
bcbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Welcome to MobileRead bcbob! There are 4 solutions to working with Kindle Collections. You can read about them here and choose the one that you think would work best for you. Note that they are all still works in progress.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbob View Post
How do I load a set of books on my Kindle 3 organized into 'collections'? So far I have transferred books with Calibre and then put them into collections by hand one-by-one. The organizing into collections gets pretty tedious since it is a multiple step operation.

As an alternative, is there a way to select multiple books with an operation analogous to shift-click on a PC and then put them all into the same collection?
If you're choosing the BOOK, and then specifying which collection to put it into, that's a very, very slow operation.

It's much quicker to choose the COLLECTION, press "right arrow", select "Add/Remove Items", and then just check the books that you want to put into the collection.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
bcbob
Enthusiast
bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bcbob can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: ipad
Tnx for the quick answers.

Bob
bcbob is offline   Reply With Quote