Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 AM   #61
jamesone
jamesone began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
It's true. I got it and like this book.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #62
findjon
findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
Free thriller: you choose Kindle or Smashwords

RED CHASER tosses you headfirst into the 1950s. You'll meet the kinkiest and most beautiful spy this side of the Iron Curtain. You'll meet Joe McCarthy. Best of all, you'll live the life of Jake McHenry as he romps through this 1950s history of spies, Commies, babes and the Brooklyn Dodgers. (There are 54 reviews of it on Amazon.com: 28 5-star ratings, 22 4-stars, three 3-stars, and alas, one 1-star). I think you’ll have fun reading this.

If you want to read it for free, you have a choice: Kindle or Smashwords. Just email me at findjon@msn.com and tell me which you prefer (Kindle or Smashwords) and say, “Yes, I’d like to read Red Chaser.”

If you chose Kindle, I’ll have Amazon.com email you a gift card for Red Chaser. If you chose Smashwords, I’ll email you the code for a free download.

Red Chaser is a fresh spin on the historical mystery novel. It's fun, it's 1950s noir, it's Brooklyn, it keeps you guessing and when you finish the last page you say, "Wow, that was fun."

Jon Spoelstra
findjon@msn.com

P.S. Here’s a link to the reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NXBUI4?...G9GMV5V4WEHF1&
Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #63
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Suggestion about Smashwords, why don't you just post a limited time (like a week or two maybe) code for free download here? And add the direct link to your book on Smashwords.

That cuts out the part where people have to email you & wait; they can do an impulse download when they see your thread.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 AM   #64
findjon
findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

For some reason unknown to me, Amazon has reduced the price of my noir thriller RED CHASER from $3.99 to $3.19. What this means is that you get bigger change if you take me up to read my book for free on a Kindle.

The smallest gift card on Amazon is $5. I'll email you that gift card and you use $3.19 of it for RED CHASER. The remaining $1.81 you can use toward any book you want.

Amazon lowered the price to $3.19, but I guess they could raise it back to $3.99 without telling me. So, if you want to take advantage of this, send me an email today at findjon@msn.com and say, 'Yes, I'd like to read Red Chaser for free on a Kindle."

The Smashwords offer stands as is: you get the code for a free copy of Red Chaser.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:38 AM   #65
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Just for your information, my price from amazon is $5,97 since I live in Denmark.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:19 AM   #66
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadata View Post
Suggestion about Smashwords, why don't you just post a limited time (like a week or two maybe) code for free download here? And add the direct link to your book on Smashwords.

That cuts out the part where people have to email you & wait; they can do an impulse download when they see your thread.
I think this person wants email addresses...
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 AM   #67
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I think this person wants email addresses...
I believe so as well, as he ignores all attempts to get a coupon code posted (he also spams another forum I'm on and ignores moderator emails).
Old 08-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #68
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I need more - EPUB - before you can pay me to take your ebook
It's also at Smashwords - http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/10951 with a 15% sample (and for a book of over 100k words, that's enough for a reader to decide if they're interested) - and he said he'd provide a coupon code by email for people who want that version.

He just forgot to give a link for that one. Understandable; there's a lot of people who think "ebook" means "amazon kindle."
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #69
findjon

When I know that the reader is not in the United States, I make the gift card for $6. That covers the cost of the book, but not much in change.

If it's for Smashwords, there's no problem with the code.

Jon
Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #70
findjon

It's not email addresses that I want; it's readers.

I do, however, keep the email addresses private. You see, I have been working on a sequel to Red Chaser. When it's finished, I don't think it's unreasonable to send an email to the folks that got Red Chaser that a sequel is available. That's what Amazon does when you order a free book from a certain author. It's not coincidence that they eventually send out an email about the author's other books. Heck, that happened with me with Charlie Huston. I got a free book, liked it, and then bought five of his other books.

Jon
findjon@msn.com
Old 08-20-2010, 02:44 AM   #71
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Throwing Caution to the wind...

I had a little peek at Smashwords, as I've gotten some very nice books there — one or two that aren't worth the virtual paper they're written on, but mostly good reads — and saw, as expected, that Smashwords offers this book in epub the same way they do everything else on Smashwords. I emailed Jon, received a time sensitive Coupon code, and I have no collected my epub formatted version of Red Chaser, and am viewing it in Calibre. Easy-peasy.
Can we give the guy a little slack here. The offer is still genuine, the book is available in a variety of formats from Smashwords, and the process is simple.
DRM? I dunno. What is Smashwords policy on DRM, and do you think they made an exception for this book? (If the answers aren't obvious, have a look at the Smashwords FAQ)
If he's a drive-by author, give him credit for being a persistent one. His first post dates June 25, 2010. Two months is a long time to defend your hit-and-run attempt at publicity.
So what if he prefers Kindle? I must take 2 points off for his apparently not knowing (early on) that Smashwords would take his MS Word formatted document and convert it to a variety of formats. (HTML, Javascript, .mobi, ePub, PDF, and RTF).
Looks down, and seems surprised to find himself on a soapbox, and even more surprised that soapboxes still exist. He steps down. Exeunt stage left.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #72
joekerry
joekerry began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
I have sent email to findjon@msn.com more than one week, but no response. I'm wondering if it is true or not.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 AM   #73
jamesone
jamesone began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekerry View Post
I have sent email to findjon@msn.com more than one week, but no response. I'm wondering if it is true or not.
Maybe you should send email again. It's true.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #74
mikemc2
Zealot
mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.mikemc2 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505,Kindle 3,Nook HD+,iPod Touch,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekerry View Post

Patience Grasshopper. The offer is real (he sent me an AMZN gift card code), I'm sure he'll get back to you. Red Chaser is a fun read, I would consider getting the sequel.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #75
findjon

Joekerry--

Sorry, Joe, I haven't received your email. Please send again.

Jon
findjon@msn.com
Closed Thread