Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #76
moonshot
Connoisseur
moonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdommoonshot is an endless font of wit and wisdom

Device: Kobo touch
I do this with Nexus phones, I how have the Nexus 5 and waiting for the 6 at the end of the year. Not sure about e readers I've only just bought my first and latest.
moonshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 AM   #77
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
That would be the time it takes you to get to 200,000 miles. I love the Cubbies but there is no way they win a World Series any time in the near future. Their management sucks.

Keep in mind, I grew up in Boston so I grew up a Cubs fan (burn in Chicago) and raised in Red Sox Nation. Yeah, it was not the most optimistic baseball environment....
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #78
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh have I been bad....just got a Kindle Fire HD 2013 version (8gb) which I thought of giving to my MIL, but after playing with it, I want to keep it for me....

Now I've ordered a used Nook HD 16gb to replace my DD's 8gb....the seller has informed me it's rooted and runs CM Hummingbird, which is equivalent to Android 4.2.2. So I can't wait to play with that If DD doesn't like it, oh, dear, I might have to keep that, too....I think she'll like it, though.

MIL can have DD's 8gb Nook....if she wants it.

I'm not sure how many tablets that makes for me personally. Two that I won't share with anyone (my Nexus 7.2 and my Nook HD8gb) but the others I do share, when the kids want to use them.

I am tablet obsessed...
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM   #79
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Quote:
I find myself addicted to seeing a new device just released and I have a irresistible urge to go and buy it.. which I frequently do.. I feel what I currently have is old and out of date..
I don't think it's an issue really. You are an innovator - that's the group that goes after what is new. I used to do that, but my budget doesn't allow it. Don't beat yourself up unless you are buying when you should be using your money for other stuff (kids, clothing, gas, etc.). You can certainly justify it if you are able to sell or give away your old technology instead of putting it into a drawer until it's only good for the trashpile.

I have 3 ereaders and I actually use them all, but my 6 inch kindle gets loaned out to family members now and then. Most of them prefer pbooks, so it's not really worth it for them to shell out $70 for a 6 inch kindle for themselves. I don't mind sharing. I keep getting new Ipods for the same reason. Latest and greatest always has a feature that I want or because I can get it on a deal (for instance $100 off the Nano 7th gen). I have zero guilt.

Last edited by Tarana; 02-05-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #80
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I want to be an innovator but my credit card says no.

Well my card could easily say yes but the overall desire to not carry any credit card debt says no.

Then again, anyone outside of the board would laugh at that statement since I have a K1, DXG, K3, PW2, three iPod's (3rd generation, nano, and shuffle), and an iPad. Right now I am debating between a mini and an iPod Touch.

So in my mind, I don't buy stuff as soon as it comes out and I normally wait a year or so in between models, and there is normally a reason for upgrading, and I pass off my older models to others.

Anyone else would say I am a device addict.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #81
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I'd so love to give in to my addiction!

Sadly, I don't only have a bank account that says no, I also have a husband who says no...

(but we did order 2 Asus Vivotab Notes 8, but those were for our 12th anniversary...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote