Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Unable to generate catalog

Recently, I've found that I am unable to generate a catalog. I believe I have the latest version of calibre.

Here's the error message I get:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.9.6 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Conversion Error: Failed: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Sections: Authors, Titles, Series, Genres, Descriptions
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for sony900 in GUI environment, locale: 'en'
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 4
opts:
author_clip: 100
catalog_title: u'Favs'
connected_kindle: False
creator: u'Monday, November 12, 2012'
cross_reference_authors: True
description_clip: 380
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]|^\\+$'
exclusion_rules: ()
fmt: u'epub'
header_note_source_field: u'#updated'
merge_comments_rule: u'#fandom:after:True'
output_profile: 'sony900'
prefix_rules: ()
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: u'1.00'
use_existing_cover: False
1 enabled genre tags in database:
FanFiction
0 excluded genre tags:

Python function terminated unexpectedly
coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 186, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 68, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi.py", line 338, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 156, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 993, in fetch_books_to_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 929, in _populate_title
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalogs\epub_mobi_builde r.py", line 4632, in merge_comments
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, list found

Even though the epub version of the catalog does not have the ability to sort by custom columns, it still helps me look through books on my reader to find one to read. Is there any thing I need to do to get it to work?
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
What kind of custom column is #fandom?

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
It's a 'comma seperated text, like tags, shown in the tag browser'. Most of my custom columns are like tags, except for a few yes/no and integer ones.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Fixed in next release.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote