Notices

Old 11-06-2009, 04:06 AM   #16
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur
bjrnfrdnnd began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360˚
dictionary

Great news!
I am just waiting for my pocketbook 360 that should arrive any day now.
Is there a way you could send me these dictionaries? Should I contact
Forosigan directly?

I am still a bit confused about the Adobe digital edition DRM epub issue.
does it work on the pocketbook, or do we have to wait for a further update?
bjrnfrdnnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
SciFiFan
Connoisseur
SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.SciFiFan once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PocketBook 360° (silbrig-weiss)
In the meantime, I found out that you can also use the official Pocketbook dictionary converter to convert dictionaries from xdxf format. The public domaon Webster from 1913 is also available in this format. Here are the instructions:
1. Get a dictionary from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/files/dicts-XDXF/ and unpack it. You will need a tool capable of unpacking .bz2 archives. The Webster is in the file comn_sdict_axm05_webster_1913.tar.bz2.

2. Get the PocketBook converter: http://pocketbook.com.ua/file/DictionaryConverter.zip

3. Unpack it with all subdirs to the same directory as the dictionary

4. Run
converter.exe dict.xdxf eng

That's all! The resulting Webster is about 6.3 MBytes.
SciFiFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrnfrdnnd View Post
Great news!
I am just waiting for my pocketbook 360 that should arrive any day now.
Is there a way you could send me these dictionaries? Should I contact
Forosigan directly?

I am still a bit confused about the Adobe digital edition DRM epub issue.
does it work on the pocketbook, or do we have to wait for a further update?
Please, contact Forkosigan for them. About the Adobe DRM epub - this is being test now with Adobe, I hope they will relase the new firmware including that in a month time from now.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #19
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan View Post
In the meantime, I found out that you can also use the official Pocketbook dictionary converter to convert dictionaries from xdxf format. The public domaon Webster from 1913 is also available in this format. Here are the instructions:
1. Get a dictionary from http://sourceforge.net/projects/xdxf/files/dicts-XDXF/ and unpack it. You will need a tool capable of unpacking .bz2 archives. The Webster is in the file comn_sdict_axm05_webster_1913.tar.bz2.

2. Get the PocketBook converter: http://pocketbook.com.ua/file/DictionaryConverter.zip

4. Run

Thank you!

You can also get the converter at US website: www.pocketbookreader.com/downloads
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
bjrnfrdnnd
Connoisseur
bjrnfrdnnd began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360˚
stardict to pocketbook?

I have a magnificent french-french dictionary, available both in stardict
format and in mobipocket.
http://francois.gannaz.free.fr/Littr...ardict_1.0.tar
http://ebooksgratuits.com/newsendboo...1396&format=mp

I tried to use stardict-editor in order to produce a tab-delimited file
that could be converted by the pocketbook dict converter.exe

However, the tab-delimited file still contained lots of markup like <small> and \n that was copied in the tab delimited file and also shows up in the .dic file produced by converter.exe. The resulting 40 MB .dic file is searchable, but it is not easy to read, as the entire structure of the entries is gone and the markup language is in the text.

I tried to use makedict -i stardict -o xdxf XMLittre.dict ,
but the dictionary contains pango markup language, that makedict cannot convert.

I was wondering whether there is someone who knows how to convert this nice dictionary into xdxf (as a basis for converter.exe), or into a correct tab-delimited file, or directly to the pocketbook format.
bjrnfrdnnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #21
logan
logan doesn't litterlogan doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 360
Please find here some dictionary generated from wiktionary dumps:

http://godlewski.free.fr/wiktionary-dict/

Some feedback would be a appricated
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:03 PM   #22
logan
logan doesn't litterlogan doesn't litter

Device: pocketbook 360
I just get my PB 360 and realize I was misunderstanding the embedded dictionary format: it's not the .dict (like dict.org) but seems to be a custom format .dic:
So I convert the french dictionary to .dic format:
http://godlewski.free.fr/wiktionary-...ary.org-fr.dic

Are some interested by another langages? (my datasource is wiktionary dumps)
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #23
lastgasp
lastgasp began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000 Hanvon N516 Bebook NEO
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
I just get my PB 360 and realize I was misunderstanding the embedded dictionary format: it's not the .dict (like dict.org) but seems to be a custom format .dic:

I would like to see an english-spanish\spanish-english dictionary. if this is possible it would be awesome.
lastgasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #24
Galina
Enthusiast
Galina began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook
Exclamation Display error in the phonetic transcription

Hi!

I managed to convert Longman Contemporary English Dictionary from the Lingvo format .dsl to .dic, and it works pretty fine.
However, there is a very unpleasant display error in the phonetic transcription, although most of the transcription letters are displayed well. Instead of certain characters a square is displayed as it was in the early times of Windows with missing characters.
There seems to be no way to change the settings of the dictionary.

Can anyone help?

By the way, I am very interested in a large english-german dictionary, not of the kind found fort stardict of freelang, but rather PONS or LANGENSCHEIDT. Is there any way to buy and download it on the net?

Last edited by Galina; 12-17-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Galina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #25
Galina
Enthusiast

Smile phonetic transcription

Quote:

4. Run

Hello!
Is there any way to correct the display error in the phonetic transcriptions of this dictionary. Several characters, hyphens, etc., are replaced be a square.
Is there any way to mend this?

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:37 AM   #26
fyrogenesis
Undead
fyrogenesis began at the beginning.

Device: Omnia, Kindle 3, Dell Streak, Asus TF101, iPad 2 3g 64gb, Note
hmm.. it seems quite troublesome to convert dictionary for pb..

btw, can i convert a mobipocket prc dictionary (drm-less) to pb dictionary?
fyrogenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #27
lastgasp
lastgasp began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000 Hanvon N516 Bebook NEO
The only reason I don't buy a Pocketbook today is that a need to use several dictionaries for the books I read. I don't like my dr1000 very much. I would like to replace it with something I can take outside of the house like the PB 360. In such a case I would also need to convert my Mobipocket dictionaries into dic format with lookup features.
any info about this available?
lastgasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 PM   #28
Galina
Enthusiast

conversion error from stardict to txt

Does anybody know how to handle this error:
Total entries:50261
Warning unknown mark: x (0x78), following content will be ignored
Summary of ignored marks: x (0x78) 50261 times

As a result convstar.exe outputs some kind of a txt file that is no use. The same happens e.g. with sametypesequence=h in the ifo file.
There is a wonderful Langenscheidt english-german dictionary in stardict format on the net, and would have been very glad to have it in my pocketbook.

Can anyone help?
Old 03-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #29
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Quote:
I don't know how to handle wiktionary.org, it's an online Wiki, not a downloadable dictionary. But you can use one of the free dictionaries from www.freelang.net . Here are the instructions to convert them to the PocketBook format. I have used this method successfully for an English-German dictionary.

1. Get a dictionary from www.freelang.net and install it somewhere. This will give you one or two files with extension .wb.

2. Get the Tool freelang2txt: http://3ppc.net/Users/SiD/freelang2txt.zip

3. Unpack it to the same directory as the dictionaries, then run
freelang2txt English-German.wb English-German.txt
(you need to change the names depending on the used dictionary)

4. Get the PocketBook converter: http://pocketbook.com.ua/file/DictionaryConverter.zip

5. Unpack it with all subdirs to the same directory as the dictionaries

6. Run
converter.exe English_German.txt eng

The "eng" subdir contains instructions on how to handle things like singular/plural, and the keyboard layout for the PocketBook keyboard. You will need to edit it if the source language is different from English.
Hi, I'm new at this pocketbook forum, I have a 360 from a few days and tried to follow this instructions for a spanish dictionary from Freelang, but when I try the freelang2txt, the window apears for a second and then vanishes, and I can't make the transformation.
What I made wrong?

Thank you for your help.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #30
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post

I'd love if you could convert a Spanish dictionary as well.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote