Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
URL schemes for custom menu buttons — share yours

Marvin lets you create custom buttons for the pop-up menu that appears when text is highlighted. I thought I'd share a couple that I use in the hope that someone else will find them useful. Feel free to share yours if you've created any.

Search Wikipedia's mobile site in English for selected text:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?&search={text}

Search for the selected text in the Google Maps app (app will launch outside of Marvin):

comgooglemaps://?q={text}
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
This is cool. I'm planning to collect all of these and prepare an index of them.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
clevermemo:///?title=Quote%20from%20{title}%20by%20{author}&cont ent={text}
adds new note to CleverMemo (which was how I was adding notes to Evernote before 2.0)

Last edited by vikarti; 09-28-2013 at 12:52 AM. Reason: syntax correction
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
RONE
Enthusiast
RONE began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Is it possible to make a custom button to text the selected text to a friend? I've found how to email, but I'm not seeing an option for texting.
RONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not texting (as in SMS). You can email it.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
While trying to find the URL Scheme for my Merriam-Webster I found this site that has many URL Schemes. Obviously they are more complex than my current understanding but may help someone more experienced.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
On how it might possible to find the URL scheme for an app, see this post:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...70#post2631870
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
I use this to post using Twittelator:

twit:///post?message={text}

So far I have note been able to find out how to include the book name and author - as in {copydetail}. I've tried replacing 'text' in the above string, but this fails with an error.
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
Wyndham
Connoisseur
Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wyndham has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad Air 2 (iOS 9), iPhone 6 (iOS 9)
Please place a button or something for all us to be able insert the braces, as these are not available that I could find on the iPad keyboard - eg {text}

Or perhaps you can use a different keyboard layout that has the braces...
Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #10
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham View Post
So far I have note been able to find out how to include the book name and author - as in {copydetail}. I've tried replacing 'text' in the above string, but this fails with an error.
Currently, it is not possible to customise the Twitter/Facebook (etc.) postings from inside Marvin in any way, but it is very much a recorded feature request, see:

https://github.com/kguil/Marvin-Roadmap/issues/42

Quote:
Please place a button or something for all us to be able insert the braces, as these are not available that I could find on the iPad keyboard - eg {text}
Braces are definitely there on the iPad and iPhone keyboards... just switch to the "tertiary" keyboard layout (not letters, not numbers, but the third one: you will find the braces there).
Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
I use this to post using Twittelator:

twit:///post?message={text}

you mean as in post #3 by Vikarti?
FYI you can find the curly braces by tapping the button '123' followed by '#+='

---------------
EDIT. Instead tagging on a new post. I decided to edit this one seeing no later replies yet.

Nebulous notes

nebulous://
nebulous://new
nebulous://new?contents=some text
nebulous://path_to_file.txt?append=some text
nebulous://path_to_file.txt?prepend=some text

filenames are case sensitive

accepted URL codes
%20 and %0A

And these sites may be useful to find out other schemes
http://actions.appcubby.com/
http://wiki.akosma.com/IPhone_URL_Schemes
http://handleopenurl.com/

Last edited by At_Libitum; 09-23-2013 at 08:15 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #12
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Braces are definitely there on the iPad and iPhone keyboards... just switch to the "tertiary" keyboard layout (not letters, not numbers, but the third one: you will find the braces there).
Maybe it's only in iOS 7, but the iPhone keyboard for URL fields does not allow you to type curly braces. The + sign is also in a different place so harder to find. I'm going to file it on GitHub because it makes typing URL schemes from scratch a nightmare. I can't tell you how many times I have wiped out my text by trying to paste and hitting the X instead.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #13
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Lightbulb

It appears, Sue, that the iPhone keyboard is not the same throughout the iPhone interface, or indeed inside Marvin. I'm referring to the newest iOS 7, too. According to the following article, the iPhone keyboard can have 18 different looks depending on where exactly on the iPhone it pops up:

http://shawnblanc.net/2009/05/iphone-keyboard-layouts

Inside Marvin, the curly braces {} are definitely there in iOS 7 even on the iPhone, for example whenever you edit a note inside Marvin. Please see the screenshot attached to this post. They are not there when you're editing the custom menu button command in Marvin, although that's especially where we need to see them.

Perhaps Kris can arrange that we get to see the same iPhone keyboard when editing the custom menu button commands, that we see when writing notes in Marvin. If Kris cannot arrange that, then perhaps a placeholder other than {} (or an alternative placeholder in addition to {}) would be a good solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	112244  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #14
kguil
Addict

@MeSue - fixed for the next update.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
@MeSue - fixed for the next update.
Groovy.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote