Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #61
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Guess I will dust off the Clip Zip again. The last time I used the sleep timer it makes you set it each time you use it. I may have an older version. I have to get it setup to check firmware when I get the Windows setup. Or get a bigger Ipod Touch memory
I've never used the timer settings on my Clips. When at home, I generally use my 8GB iPod touch, which only has 6.39GB of user available storage. Since I use it as an audio cloud device, it's enough.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Guess I will dust off the Clip Zip again. The last time I used the sleep timer it makes you set it each time you use it. I may have an older version. I have to get it setup to check firmware when I get the Windows setup. Or get a bigger Ipod Touch memory
If you set it in settings you only have to set it once. You shouldn't need to do anything else after that.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #63
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
? .. when you turn the pages when reading on SGP5, do the bottom buttons light up each time? I heard they do but I think that may have been on a earlier model..
Thanks,
Doug
Yep the buttons light up every time and they are BRIGHT! Took some getting use to reading in the dark with it. Bugs my hubby sometimes but I still love to read with it.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #64
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I've never used the timer settings on my Clips. When at home, I generally use my 8GB iPod touch, which only has 6.39GB of user available storage. Since I use it as an audio cloud device, it's enough.
Are you talking about Itunes Apple cloud? I was forced to finally update Ipod and I see it has cloud. How much do you get?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #65
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If you set it in settings you only have to set it once. You shouldn't need to do anything else after that.
Will try it again, I think my clip zip is a year old. Older firmware?

Re: SMP5, I deleted the app for Amazon App store, and now I can't get it back. Try to find it at Google Store, and Amazon App store on my computer and all I can find is the Kindle App to read books. Which is not bad by the way.

I want my Apps to update automatically that I downloaded from Amazon. I am delete happy

I just freaked out because it (Amazon) knows my apps I even got from Google. I felt like I was being spied on.
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #66
new

Quote:
Yep the buttons light up every time and they are BRIGHT! Took some getting use to reading in the dark with it. Bugs my hubby sometimes but I still love to read with it.
What bugs me is when I am trying to "hit" settings or home, or back buttons and when they are not lit I can't tell where to aim
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Will try it again, I think my clip zip is a year old. Older firmware?

Re: SMP5, I deleted the app for Amazon App store, and now I can't get it back. Try to find it at Google Store, and Amazon App store on my computer and all I can find is the Kindle App to read books. Which is not bad by the way.

I want my Apps to update automatically that I downloaded from Amazon. I am delete happy

I just freaked out because it (Amazon) knows my apps I even got from Google. I felt like I was being spied on.
You have to go in your browser and download it again from the Player. It's normal for it to know what is installed. Google play and Amazon App store plus other Markets all do this. Auto update is never smart. Always back up the apk before updating with ES File Explorer's App Manger because there is no way to downgrade otherwise if the updated app is buggy or just crashes everything.

My Clip Zip is over a year old. I don't think it's a firmware issue but I would do an update because some major bugs have been fixed since then.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
What bugs me is when I am trying to "hit" settings or home, or back buttons and when they are not lit I can't tell where to aim
Just tap the screen first and the buttons will light up.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #69
new

Quote:
You have to go in your browser and download it again from the Player. It's normal for it to know what is installed. Google play and Amazon App store plus other Markets all do this. Auto update is never smart. Always back up the apk before updating with ES File Explorer's App Manger because there is no way to downgrade otherwise if the updated app is buggy or just crashes everything.

My Clip Zip is over a year old. I don't think it's a firmware issue but I would do an update because some major bugs have been fixed since then.
Browser? What do you mean?

I had backed up that App, but I deleted it.

By the way I downloaded Dolphin Mini; but the Samsung has Internet already, what browser does it use?
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #70
new

Quote:
Just tap the screen first and the buttons will light up.
Boy do I feel dumb

Thanks for the obvious I should have known.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Browser? What do you mean?

I had backed up that App, but I deleted it.

By the way I downloaded Dolphin Mini; but the Samsung has Internet already, what browser does it use?
Open your browser app and type in Amazon app store it should search for the link needed to download it again.

It uses the stock browser but you can use other browsers. I use Dolphin Mini and Opera Mini as my browsers. I don't care for the stock one.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-12-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Are you talking about Itunes Apple cloud? I was forced to finally update Ipod and I see it has cloud. How much do you get?
I'm talking about Pandora, Amazon MP3, Audible, Google Music, BBC Radio, TuneIn Radio, public libraries, etc. I don't do iTunes, except for apps and updates.

I don't have any music loaded on my iPod. As for audiobooks, I only load the one I'm currently listening to; then I delete it when I'm done.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #73
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Ok thanks.. maybe when I turn the page at nite when wife is sleeping she will wake up and give me a kiss.. LOL..
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #74
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoug View Post
? .. when you turn the pages when reading on SGP5, do the bottom buttons light up each time? I heard they do but I think that may have been on a earlier model..
Thanks,
Doug
Yep they light up if you press the volume button or if you flick your finger. After a while you don't even notice. or I don't since I'm too caught up in my book.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #75
new

Pics on the SMP5

In case anyone is interested, pictures turn out pretty good. A friend asked me to take pics with the SMP5 cause she wants to get one and was curious about pics. My little bird looked pretty cute in the pictures. Funny I couldn't get the camcorder figured out, I touched and nothing. Guess I better read how it works, lol.

Also you can crop the pictures, which I usually do to get some closeups. Pretty nice I think.

I wasn't even interested in the camera part til my friend asked me about it. She was interested in the radio, which I don't really use, but it is there.