Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 03:22 PM   #76
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Lol. That's what I thought. They don't seem to have many romance books in these sales, do they? I find that odd since it's so popular.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #77
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Most of the romances where left over from the HC sale or the last sale Amazon had. Nothing was really new except the one I bought and one other one I saw that didn't sound worth the price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #78
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Most of them yes were either discounted at one time or another, given away free or I got them from the library or they are sitting in paperback on my shelf. I didn't see to many else that I wanted or didn't own. So I spent my money at Smashwords instead.
Same here! I only bought Laurel Dewey's Redemption; it's the 2nd in the Jane Perry series and I got the first book free some time ago. Everything else I was interested in I'd already got free in the past, and I talked myself out of buying the others (yes, I can do that on rare occasions ).

My Fictionwise wishlist is growing again and I'm saving up for when a good (*cough* 60%OFF *cough*) discount comes around (thanks in advance, NightBird ).
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #79
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Figured that was why you were MIA from this thread. lol

FW site was down all day and scared me. They finally put up a sign that it was down for maintenance. I wonder what they are up to? Maybe we will get an 80% off coupon.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #80
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Figured that was why you were MIA from this thread. lol

FW site was down all day and scared me. They finally put up a sign that it was down for maintenance. I wonder what they are up to? Maybe we will get an 80% off coupon.
80% off!?! Omigosh, the possibility is enough to give me heart palpitations ... the good kind, of course
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 PM   #81
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
80% off!?! Omigosh, the possibility is enough to give me heart palpitations ... the good kind, of course
Lol. Just a fantasy - doubt that will ever happen. I've never seen one over 60% off in 11 years.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #82
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Lol. Just a fantasy - doubt that will ever happen. I've never seen one over 60% off in 11 years.
You build me up and then you go and break me down ... you're cruel
Old 07-30-2011, 11:25 PM   #83
NightBird
Wizard

Awww -

Maybe they will have a big going-out-of-business sale.

EVERYTHING MUST GO - 95% OFF EVERYTHING.

(Hope that's not in the near future, though. )
Old 07-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #84
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Actually, didn't they have an 80% off deal around Christmas last year?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM   #85
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Awww -

Maybe they will have a big going-out-of-business sale.

EVERYTHING MUST GO - 95% OFF EVERYTHING.

(Hope that's not in the near future, though. )

I'll take the 60% off coupons if it means they can stay in business (magnanimous gesture, right? I'm just generous like that )
Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #86
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Seriously, these adrenaline spikes are not healthy for me, lol
Old 07-30-2011, 11:49 PM   #87
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Nope
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #88
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post

I'll take the 60% off coupons if it means they can stay in business (magnanimous gesture, right? I'm just generous like that )
Yeah, me too.

One thing they did used to have was 100% micropay rebates on all the NY Times bestsellers as they acquired them. Ah, the good old days...
Old 07-31-2011, 09:52 AM   #89
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Quote:
Nope
Ah, checked and it was 2009. 100% rebate (up to $500) on any book for five-year members (and they had just had a sale on membership, with 100% rebate, so I happened to be a 5-year member). They also had a 100% rebate sale on any book that had been on 100% rebate that year.

So, not technically a coupon, but I then horded that money most of the year and used it with the big coupons that year, essentially getting initial books at a super discount (and have a few years of membership left).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 AM   #90
NightBird
Wizard

Yes, they surely have had some great deals. I still have quite a few years left on my Buywise membership, too. One year I decided not to renew and they gave me a free year!