Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Format showing PDF files when all files are mobi

I have three books that I used Calibre to convert from pdf to mobi. When I click on the tag browser and look at my formats, it shows 3 books under PDF. The books are not PDF, they have all successfully converted to mobi, what gives? It's not a huge deal but would love to see them removed from this classification. Any feedback would be appreciated.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you do a PDF -> Mobi conversion, you will then have the book in both formats. You have to explicitly remove any format that you no long want.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I have three books that I used Calibre to convert from pdf to mobi. When I click on the tag browser and look at my formats, it shows 3 books under PDF. The books are not PDF, they have all successfully converted to mobi, what gives? It's not a huge deal but would love to see them removed from this classification. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Just because you convert them to mobi doesn't cause the PDF format for that book to disappear. If the tag browser indicates 3 PDF files then you have three pdf files.

1. You can remove them by highlighting all three books and going to edit metadata and select pdf under remove format.
or
2. You can highlight one book and go to edit metadata and remove the pdf file from the available formats window.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Dwanthny - THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Your suggestion worked. I don't keep PDFs in Calibre so once they are converted I keep my source material elsewhere. I knew I had removed the PDF version of the file so I was struggling to understand why the books were still being classified as PDF. Doing the bulk edit metadata worked and now the books only show as mobi format.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you had removed the PDF file outside of Calibre, that would not clear the database entry. I am guessing that is what happened?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert