Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-20-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
newbi3
newbi3 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Unable to convert PDFs

Ever since I downloaded beta 0.6 I am unable to convert PDF's. This is the error message that appears:

table books has no column named uri RemoteTraceback (most recent call last): File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run OperationalError: table books has no column named uri
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\add.pyo", line 62, in metadata_delivered
File "calibre\library\database2.pyo", line 1214, in add_books
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 146, in run
DatabaseException: table books has no column named uri
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\library\sqlite.pyo", line 119, in run
OperationalError: table books has no column named uri

The early versions of Calibre worked like a charm. I uninstalled 0.6 and installed 5.14 but the same error still remains. Any ideas?

Thanks.
newbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The upgrade to 0.6 changes the format of the metadata.db file.

To be able to revert to the 0.5.14 release you have to restore a version of the metadata.db file that is compatible with the 0.5.14 release.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #3
newbi3
newbi3 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
The upgrade to 0.6 changes the format of the metadata.db file.

To be able to revert to the 0.5.14 release you have to restore a version of the metadata.db file that is compatible with the 0.5.14 release.
Where do I find a version of the metadata.db file that is compatible with the 0.5.14 release and how would I restore it?
newbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbi3 View Post
Where do I find a version of the metadata.db file that is compatible with the 0.5.14 release and how would I restore it?
If you did not make a backup before upgrading to 0.6 you can't.

You need to only use the 0.6 version of Calibre.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote