Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Has vivaldirules' diet gone too far?
Yes 3 11.54%
No, I can still see him 6 23.08%
The blue one next to the German one 2 7.69%
Portugal 4 15.38%
I fear he will eat Harv and Vera 2 7.69%
It is part of the worldwide bacon and chocolate shortage 9 34.62%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Has vivaldirules' Diet Gone Too Far

Some sharp-eyed people have noted that vivaldirules seems to be on a diet (we hope it is a diet and not sickness) because he has lost a lot of weight recently.

Once he was a frisky puppy romping through meadows of flowers and now he seems drawn and listless, a mear characture of his former self.

Has his diet gone too far?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I think he's trying to impress Mischa Barton and Lindsey Lohan.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think he's trying to impress Mischa Barton and Lindsey Lohan.
I thought he was a loyal subject of Queen Z, how could you imagine him going after those brazen hussies?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
If he, he asks (in the third person), missed his daily bacon would the universe implode?

ops,wrongthread:
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
If he, he asks (in the third person), missed his daily bacon would the universe implode?

ops,wrongthread:
I know it says "Don't Panic" in friendly lettering on the cover; but, those would be times when panic is called for.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post

ops,wrongthread:
Poor sweet third-person doggie!! Here, have some bacon!

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

Then again, vivaldirules could be having an affair with a hydrant up on Henry Street....
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I want to see that bright-eyed, happy pooch among the flowers again.
Poor VR is a mere shadow of his former self. I would donate to a bacon fund, if it will help...
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Oh, now that's just creepy!! I noticed that my vote was changed!! I had no idea that anyone out there could just up and change your vote in a poll.

If you can't have faith in the MR Polls .... then where are we??
Old 03-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Oh, now that's just creepy!! I noticed that my vote was changed!! I had no idea that anyone out there could just up and change your vote in a poll.

If you can't have faith in the MR Polls .... then where are we??
It wasn't me, Ricky.
Are you absolutely sure that you clicked on your intended option?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
It wasn't me, Ricky.
Are you absolutely sure that you clicked on your intended option?
Yes, because it was the very first vote, and it showed up as 100% of the polls. And, it wasn't even physically close to the options that are now shown as being voted for.

That is really really creepy.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
Patricia
Reader

Wood, when you were editing the poll, might you have accidentally lost Ricky's vote? Or is there a problem with the forum software? Truly it does seem to be developing a will of its own.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I really wanted to vote "is he the one who's looking skeletal", but that option wasn't there; neither was
"who's VR",
"i thought that was VR's brother" nor
"why?" ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Wood, when you were editing the poll, might you have accidentally lost Ricky's vote? Or is there a problem with the forum software? Truly it does seem to be developing a will of its own.
I didn't click the "show voters" option; however, that data is kept in another file from the vote totals. Even if I changed the line where she voted to zero, it would still show uop as if she voted for that line even if the total is zero. Likewise I could put in the number 70 and only those that actually voted for it would show.

As you identified before, there are two possible causes -- either Ricky clicked the wrong selection or the forum software has developed a mind of its own. The only other thought I have is that I was modifing the poll at the same time Ricky was placing her vote. What might have happened was the browser picked up a copy of the poll results (options and total votes), I added more options, Ricky voted, and I saved the new options that overwrote he vote count. It would not alter what it thought she voted for.

If I was to change a poll results it would be something along the lines of 285 out of 7 votes total for an option. Nothing subtle.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Me clicking the wrong option just did not happen in this case. I know this because it was (according to the graph), the very first vote in the poll.

My vote showed up as 100%, and the site said that one person had voted, and that I had already voted.

A few minutes later, my voted option is shown as 0% and there are three votes, and I'm told I have already voted.

And .... both of those options were a bit further down the list than the one for which I voted.

That's just weird and creepy. I may be on drugs, but I know weird and creepy when I see it .... and my left hand is starting to hurt .... must stop typing for a few hours.