Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Jetbook Lite, $80 with extras.

Newegg has lowered the price again. These still seem to be prone to bricking after use so I would consider a Squaretrade warranty. With some of the 20% coupons, a 3 year warranty looks to be around $12.

I have one of these free leather cases and it is a decent cover, and considering how well it works and what it reads, this reader is the one I hope lasts forever.

Last edited by chas0039; 01-14-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Price Drop
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks Chas!

I agree with you that getting the extended warranty is a good idea. I'm a believer in insurance and the peace of mind it brings.

This deal is $5.00 less than their Christmas deal!

Let's play with numbers again. Let's assume that nobody wants the earlight and that it has no value.

Let's also assume that the free shipping is worth $8.00.

Some time ago, as I recall Newegg had the leather case on sale for $15.99. So let's give it that value.

Total it up, and we get the jetBook Lite valued in this deal to be $61.00.

That's terrific!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
s1mp13m4n
Zealot
s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.s1mp13m4n is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I found this deal the other day as well. I have been talking to folks on the forum and many are telling me to get the Jetbook Lite saying that it is a fantastic device. I am going to have to save up for it so I hope I can get it on this deal from Newegg.
s1mp13m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

s1mp, this deal ends Jan. 5. If you're not in a hurry, you can be confident that a similar deal will come along in the next couple of months.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #5
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Unfortunately, not so. The free items are gone, and the price stayed the same. This might be back, I assume they ran out of extras.

Last edited by chas0039; 12-31-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas0039 View Post
Unfortunately, not so. The free items are gone, and the price stayed the same. This might be back, I assume they ran out of extras.
Well, I guess the good news is that people are buying them, so they ran out.

I was concerned that this deal, occurring so quickly after the Christmas deal, reflected a situation where people didn't take Newegg up on their last offer, and they were stuck with unwanted inventory.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
valr
valr doesn't littervalr doesn't litter

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Light
Hi. I'm new to this forum. Just ordered a Jetbook Lite from Newegg for $84.99 with the 2 free gifts (earlight and case) included.

I'm really looking forward to owning my first eReader. :-)
valr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Welcome valr!

You got a great deal! While you're waiting for your JBL to arrive, look through the many posts on this jetBook forum over the last year or so. You'll learn a lot right off the bat that it took the rest of us some time and effort to figure out!

Also, you'll need to go to the store and buy yourself eight rechargeable AA batteries and a charger, and an SD card (2 gig or more to hold your books) and an SD card reader.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
valr
valr doesn't littervalr doesn't litter

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Light
Thanks for the welcome and great advice, GA. Much appreciated.
valr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Hi and welcome, valr!

I hope you love your JBL as much as I love mine. When I got it, Eneloop batteries were recommended, as they hold their charge very well.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Digital Reader is reporting "Ectaco to announce 2 new e-readers at CES". Maybe they are clearing out getting ready for the new models.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks daffy!

Isn't the CES the second week of January every year? Unlike last year, there hasn't been any mention of it here that I've seen.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It starts this week on the 6th.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I'll look forward to the reports from Nate and anyone else!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #15
chas0039
Sceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Hi and welcome, valr!

I hope you love your JBL as much as I love mine. When I got it, Eneloop batteries were recommended, as they hold their charge very well.
Just a tip for those who use rechargeable batteries (yes Eneloop are the best), the battery indicator is set up for regular batteries, so when you see it start to drop to 50% or so there is very little time left. Mine have about 10% left at that point.

Also, I see Newegg has the deal with all the goodies back.