Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #61
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
I've been working on revising another novel (instead of Xenolith's sequel). It's an afterlife fantasy called Lethe. At 180k words, all first person, it's way too bloated. I'll be cutting whole chapters from this ine.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #62
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
I've been working on revising another novel (instead of Xenolith's sequel). It's an afterlife fantasy called Lethe. At 180k words, all first person, it's way too bloated. I'll be cutting whole chapters from this ine.
Sounds interesting.... But, but.... I need to know what happens! ...Xenolith's sequel will be watched for.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #63
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Sounds interesting.... But, but.... I need to know what happens! ...Xenolith's sequel will be watched for.
I just took a break for a couple days from the sequel to stay fresh. It's coming along.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #64
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
I just took a break for a couple days from the sequel to stay fresh. It's coming along.
Great to hear, thank you!
Old 12-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #65
ASparrow
Addict

Still free, with a tidy little PDF version now uploaded to Scribd.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #66
ASparrow
Addict

New review up on Smashwords. Not bad, but it's making me consider combining Xenolith with its sequel. Many people don't seem to like the abrupt ending.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:29 AM   #67
ASparrow
Addict

One nice thing about Smashwords ebooks is that you don't have to stop improving your work. Parts of the first chapter were bugging me with their clumsiness and imprecision so I tweaked it into something better. Now I have something that I would be more comfortable with at a reading or podiocast. New version uploaded.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #68
Tinwolf
Greasy biker
Tinwolf began at the beginning.

Device: Be-book, Jetbook, Kindle
Thanks for the book friend, I`m looking forward to reading it.

Best of luck for the future, you might have yourself a career there

Just read the title of chapter 1 "Captive in Belize" I know exactly how that feels.
I spent 6 months in Belize back in `91 with the Royal Air Force, it was an experience

Last edited by Tinwolf; 12-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Tinwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #69
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinwolf View Post
Thanks for the book friend, I`m looking forward to reading it.

Best of luck for the future, you might have yourself a career there

Just read the title of chapter 1 "Captive in Belize" I know exactly how that feels.
I spent 6 months in Belize back in `91 with the Royal Air Force, it was an experience
Let me know if you notice any inconsistencies with the setting. I've never been to San Ignacio so I might have taken some liberties.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:19 PM   #70
ASparrow
Addict

1,000 Downloads for XENOLITH!

That was my goal, when I started (this includes 75% samples and full). The rest is gravy. Thanks everyone, for having a peek (or at least providing sharing some real estate in your ereader memory or hard drives).

Xenolith:

Liz Bowen, wife of mission doctor Frank Bowen, goes missing in the wilds of Belize. The constables of San Ignacio can find no trace. On a pilgrimage years later to her remote 'grave', Frank is abducted and whisked away to a place he can't identify, by people whose motives and origins baffle him. Is this what happened to Liz? Might she still be alive?

I'm tweaking the sequel right now. It's pretty much complete but I'll be taking it through multiple revisions. This one is much more character-driven.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #71
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congratulations, ASparrow! That's quite an achievement. I enjoyed reading Xenolith and am looking forward to the sequel. Thanks!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #72
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kobo Wireless
Congratulations! You must be excited for so many people to have purchased and experienced your work. Good luck on the next 1,000!
David Derrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #73
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Congratulations!!!

I really enjoyed Xenolith and can't wait to find out what happens.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #74
J. Dean
Author: Clade Josso
J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Dean ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Way to go, ASparrow!
J. Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #75
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Congrats on your success!!

I haven't picked up your book yet because I'm so inundated with 2343243242 others on my readers. But you are in a wishlist of sorts =) I hope to get to your book sometime after the first of the year.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, fantasy, free