Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-19-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Suggestion

One of the most interesting aspects, for me, of this site, is seeing where everyone is from. How cool to be talking to someone from Australia, the UK, Wales, India, Spain, etc. However, I notice a lot of the new ones, and some of the older subscribers, don't have their locations listed under their names. Is there anyway you can make sure, when people join, that we see where they are from? Maybe some don't want their exact location, and I can understand that, just the country would be helpful.

Just a thought.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I like the idea too. On another forum we actually started a GoogeEarth page, with everyone putting a pin in the globe where we were located. (Of course, Google's images being a bit behind the times ... my pin is right smack in a big patch of dirt.)
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I think there's a Frapr map for MobileRead. I've only seen it once.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Here it is: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/frappr.php
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think there's a Frapr map for MobileRead. I've only seen it once.
yep, been there done that.........
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not insane, yay!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
I'm not insane, yay!
Of course you aren'! You're just a little 'cuckoo-cuckoo!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Huh ... the only problem with that is it won't let me stick in a pin where I actually am. The closest it will come is about twenty miles away.

Maybe that's why I like the Google map so much ... you can put in latitude and longitude. My address isn't on most maps ... not even the most updated GPS maps. And definitely not on the Frappr Map.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Huh ... the only problem with that is it won't let me stick in a pin where I actually am. The closest it will come is about twenty miles away.

Maybe that's why I like the Google map so much ... you can put in latitude and longitude. My address isn't on most maps ... not even the most updated GPS maps. And definitely not on the Frappr Map.
Do you really want crazy people like me knowing exactly where you live?
Old 07-19-2008, 10:22 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
exactly why I thought perhaps just the state/country would do....
Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 AM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Well the crazy people around here are crazy in a good way. I list my city and no one has shown up yet.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
ricky : if it's any consolation to you, i tried to add my pin to the map, and i'm pretty sure i ended up in texas. i couldn't tell you why, i didn't understand a thing.

actually, now that i think about it, maybe that is part of the plot by texas to take over the world, starting with mr... that makes sense...

(resistance is useless !)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
ricky : if it's any consolation to you, i tried to add my pin to the map, and i'm pretty sure i ended up in texas. i couldn't tell you why, i didn't understand a thing.

actually, now that i think about it, maybe that is part of the plot by texas to take over the world, starting with mr... that makes sense...

(resistance is useless !)
Hey, let's meet for a beer! Maybe I'll let you in on our plans - so long as you don't tell everyone about them.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
well, my pin could definitely meet your pin for a beer, easily ! you just tell it the time and place. it is already there. i promise, it knows how to keep a secret : you can tell it all about the secret plot.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #15
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Duck .... there are few people on the planet crazier than me. Just ask my neighbors.

And, sure ... why not?? Anyone wants to come out to the middle of absolutely nowhere and visit a crazy cat lady .... come on out!! I'll even clean up the guest room for ya!!

Bring your own bathing suit and beer, I've got enough cat allergy meds for everyone.

Only rule ... no shooting the wildlife; in or out of season. Only two rules ... no shooting the wildlife;in or out of season, and no eating all the hostesses' chocolate without replacing it. Only three rules no shooting the wildlife;in or out of season, and no eating all the hostesses' chocolate without replacing it, and put the toilet seat DOWN when you are done. Amongst our rules are .....

Tags
duck!