Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #61
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dude, we really are quietly usurping this anthology!

BTW: Stella is still without internet at home due to the flooding over there and is using a "dongle" to get service which sounds like cell internet and not real internet and she has said it fails everytime it rains. That is the reason for the lack of/slow communication.

Just FYI and all that.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:04 AM   #62
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update from Frank Zubek (who is helping Stella)...

Quote:
Tomorrow is the last day (lets make it midnight Friday where YOU live to be fair)
So the backup plan is still in place
Yes, please endure my numbering system here again

1 IF you had sent her something say- in the past weekend or havent yet heard from her send the story to me
frank.zubek@yahoo.com and I'll send it her way. I WILL reply to you

2 If you send it to me and I dont reply in a day or two ask me again

3 I, too, have some real life issues going on ( such as accumulating my mother to a nursing home and a search for a new job which means grinding through the near fruitless interview process with a number of prospects which slows down my own personal projects but sidetracks me a little bit keeping p on my email as well as marketing the books). Probably too much info there but Stella has the flooding and wrapping up a family move in process I have my own life but be assured we both want to make the third book the biggest and best and as equally professional as the first two have been

4 Also remember we ARE treating this project as a professional project as any other out there so send something that is as perfect as you can but remember there is a chance one or two stories may not be up to our standards and one or two of you may get a rejection- if Stella sees potential she will ask for a quick last minute tweak or two but if it isn't there it isn't there and she will thank you but ask you to try elsewhere with the story.

so remember to get that story to us and keep tweeting the first two books on twitter and pushing them on facebook. The more we network online the better the chances we'll get sales for the charity

Thanks for the patience
Have a good weekend
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 07:21 AM   #63
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Tomorrow is the last day (lets make it midnight Friday where YOU live to be fair)...
Surely this should be "midnight Saturday", not "midnight Friday"? Midnight is the START of the day, not the end of it. Midnight Friday is 00:00:00 on Friday.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #64
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Surely this should be "midnight Saturday", not "midnight Friday"? Midnight is the START of the day, not the end of it. Midnight Friday is 00:00:00 on Friday.
Perhaps, but I am sure we all can understand what he meant.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:48 AM   #65
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I should have decided to write a short story earlier this month. Then I could have submitted it (maybe). At this point in time, it's Thursday, 15:51 over here in the Netherlands, and "Friday Midnight" (Tomorrow, 23:59) would therefore be in 32 hours; that's not enough time anymore.

Congratulations to the people who got accepted

Could someone post a link to the first two books? I'd be interested

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-27-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #66
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I should have decided to write a short story earlier this month. Then I could have submitted it (maybe). At this point in time, it's Thursday, 15:51 over here in the Netherlands, and "Friday Midnight" (Tomorrow, 23:59) would therefore be in 32 hours; that's not enough time anymore.

Congratulations to the people who got accepted

Could someone post a link to the first two books? I'd be interested
I am not sure the mods will allow me to link to the prior books, but the one that contains my short story is "Something for the Journey - A Charity Anthology" and the one before that (which I was not in) was called "Something to Read on the Ride : A Charity Anthology" Both are on Amazon (and elsewhere) so easy to find.

32 hours is plenty of time to write a 1,000 word story. Sit down and drive through till down. Probably need less than 4 hours start to finish.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #67
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
They are pretty easy to find, but I'd push Smashwords, where they are DRM-free.

They're also pretty good reads. And, I do like the concept of very short stories that you can read when you have a few free moments.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #68
VydorScope
Wizard

If any of you read my story in book two - drop me a PM with what you think of it. "The Faceless Ones" is what it was called. It was way out of my normal style.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:22 AM   #69
VydorScope
Wizard

Time is running out!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:08 AM   #70
VydorScope
Wizard

Soooo... all said and done they said they have "over 40 stories" and will be taking most of March for editing and etc. I will try to keep this thread updated as they release more information.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #71
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
That's a bit over 40,000 words, I would imagine.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #72
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
That's a bit over 40,000 words, I would imagine.
Well, that depends. My contribution was only just over 400 words.

It was longer, but once I pared it down...

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 AM   #73
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Well, that depends. My contribution was only just over 400 words.

It was longer, but once I pared it down...

Graham

I think the guidelines suggested a 10% overrun on word count would be OK?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #74
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I think the guidelines suggested a 10% overrun on word count would be OK?
OK, everyone. I've got six of your backs!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I just sent them a picture in place of my 1000 words.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote