Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

AT&T slashes price of Facebook phone to $0.99

AT&T slashed the price of Facebook phone to $0.99 from the introduction price of $99.00. Speculation is that the HTC First and Facebook mobile or a big failure in the market. No surprise there, I'm surprised anyone bought into that crap. The HTC First might be a good deal if jailbroken, but no phone with Facebook mobile is worth a dime in my opinion.

News Article
Old 05-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Hey, who wouldn't want to show off a phone whose ads seem to emphasize the level of rudeness exhibited by those who have one (ignoring others, daydreaming and playing with phone instead of working, paying attention in meetings, etc).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
They are trying to appeal to the parents who will be buying graduating gifts for their kids in middle school most likely. I said this in another forum, but yeah. People will gobble up any $0.99 smartphone, and without looking at the specs too. At least that's what I get from the people who nag on the Amazon App Store about stuff not working all the time.

It actually has good specs, and you can easily turn that junk off without rooting. However, I wouldn't buy it either. You can use Facebook on any other phone anyway.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
They are trying to appeal to the parents who will be buying graduating gifts for their kids in middle school most likely. I said this in another forum, but yeah. People will gobble up any $0.99 smartphone, and without looking at the specs too. At least that's what I get from the people who nag on the Amazon App Store about stuff not working all the time.

It actually has good specs, and you can easily turn that junk off without rooting. However, I wouldn't buy it either. You can use Facebook on any other phone anyway.
Agreed. According to Android Central, it is very easy to turn off Facebook Home and it is a nice mid-range phone without it.

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-...-facebook-home
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
This Mark Elliot Zuckerberg's ego is without limit.

Last edited by SeaKing; 05-10-2013 at 01:36 AM.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert