Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #466
Ralob
Connoisseur
Ralob began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@kaznelson: Please check if the new USBnet snapshots behave any better .
As a US PW2-Wifi owner, I can say that the recent snapshots work much better. Many thanks for your continued work!
Ralob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #467
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
New Kindle PW2 (2013) serial:
90D4
International, Wi-Fi, no Special Offers.

Source:
the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1108833#1108833
the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1108919#1108919
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #468
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well... post the first 4 characters of your device's serial number. If they're B05A, then I would assume that your device is already supported.
That is it, but this jailbreak update didn't work on mine.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #469
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This is not related to the thread topic.

Please create a new thread for your new topic.
How about us using this one?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227754
I just started it and will let some of the others get it rolling before I add any gems of my own. And thanks knc1 for suggesting it!

[moderator says: PLEASE CHECK YOUR LINK]

The link above was to a thread I had started that has since been removed and replaced with:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227565

Last edited by nypaulie; 11-26-2013 at 06:23 AM.
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #470
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@kaznelson: Grmbl. Hate those weird 90XX serials. No idea why the hell they're using a weird prefix.

EDIT: The latest snapshots should handle those devices properly.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #471
manwoodsal
manwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheesemanwoodsal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2 Kindle Keyboard
Is the jailbreak to stay on that window. I happen to put the file and update the kindle. IT come up with the Jailbreak thing there but it also back up a menu or something it disappears.
manwoodsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #472
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwoodsal View Post
Is the jailbreak to stay on that window. I happen to put the file and update the kindle. IT come up with the Jailbreak thing there but it also back up a menu or something it disappears.
It is supposed to disappear.

It did in my case. After jailbreak just upload python file, update kindle again, and then proceed to any hack you want (screensaver or font)

/finally Jailbreak-ed Japanese PW2 using screenshots files.

Thank you NiLuJe and rest of the helping hands in this thread

Last edited by Geralt; 11-25-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:32 AM   #473
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's just a visual cue to indicate the the JB was successful. It'll go away as soon as something prints over it.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #474
snark013
snark013 began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2013 3G, NST
Have KPW2013 3G (US->Russia).
Serial - B0D8...
What I need to do for jailbreak ? add this "B0D8" to both scripts didn't help...

Last edited by snark013; 11-25-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: results of experiments
snark013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #475
NiLuJe
BLAM!

What original country was it shipped to?

(I'll update the packages later tonight).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-25-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #476
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Packages & snapshots updated .
Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #477
leo_CR
leo_CR began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Thank you all very much. I jut jailbroke, but don't get a thing (I'm not techie at all, and this is my first kindle...)

After the jailbreak, I'm supposed to install the usb thing, and then the fonts hack? If it's not so, what is the usb hack supposed to do? And wich font hack should I install, any one that works with PW 1?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if i look blatantly ignorant in the matter...
leo_CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #478
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@leo_CR: Best stop there then. As a rule, if you don't understand what something we provide here does, proceeding with caution is a good default reaction .

Right now, it just allows you to install stuff. Since the device is all shiny and new (from the dev's PoV), said stuff is pretty much limited/non-existent for now. Look around, don't hesitate to ask, but *never* blindly installs stuff just for the sake of installing stuff .

(So, just to be perfectly clear, that's a clear and definitive: NO on the fonts hack (for now, at least), and also a no on the USBNet front either if you have no idea what it does ).
Old 11-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #479
leo_CR
leo_CR began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
haha, nice answer. So, I did go wrong jailbroking it, as I understand... Should I uninstall the hack?

Thanks again
leo_CR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #480
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@leo_CR: No need, and that way, at least you're ready in case something does catch your fancy . (The JB is harmless in itself).

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch