Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Another game changer possibility: IAC Prodigy

Here is a demo of a nice device which is trying to be a Swiss Army Reader Device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7xagVitH5g

Interesting and can certainly give the Kindle a real challenger because is it includes all the connectivity features possible besting the Kindle's CDMA only PLUS a touch screen. So it bears watching for those who like wireless access. For me I already have a MBB service who support a BYOD model. I only use the service as a backup for my DSL so, why not have them add a reader device to the account at no extra cost to me?

Not saying this is a keep for sure, but it certainly might be worth following.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
More and more people developing these things. its like Moores Law on Steroids.

which is good for us! means cheaper, better and faster devices!
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
More and more people developing these things. its like Moores Law on Steroids.

which is good for us! means cheaper, better and faster devices!
Here Here!! Bring on all the competitors even if half of them only make it a couple years. Enough competition and the prices have to go down. But I'd settle for a higher powered reader at current prices. And maybe a whiter white as well.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 AM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Here is a demo of a nice device which is trying to be a Swiss Army Reader Device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7xagVitH5g

Interesting and can certainly give the Kindle a real challenger because is it includes all the connectivity features possible besting the Kindle's CDMA only PLUS a touch screen. So it bears watching for those who like wireless access. For me I already have a MBB service who support a BYOD model. I only use the service as a backup for my DSL so, why not have them add a reader device to the account at no extra cost to me?

Not saying this is a keep for sure, but it certainly might be worth following.
Ok, this is totally off on a tangent, but thank you for not calling it a "Kindle Killer". I am *really* sick of that phrase being used about every new device that comes out.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
cheese bogart
Connoisseur
cheese bogart has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: prs-505 (Silver), Ipad
I think this will be a kindle killer
cheese bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #6
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese bogart View Post
I think this will be a kindle killer
Meanie!!!!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote