Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
ponga163
ponga163 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
eBook Library program freezes

My eBook Library program freezes every time I connect my reader. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the program 3 times now with no success. I uninstalled the hidden files, i.e. kinoma, Marlin, etc, etc. I reformatted the reader also but the program still locks up when the reader is plugged in. I now have an empty reader and can't transfer the books I bought. (I also did not deauthorize my computer prior to the multiple reinstalls so I now have 4 authorizations for one computer!) Any help will be appreciated.
ponga163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Don't worry 'bout the 4 authorizations, once you get it straightened out, a call to Sony will get them dropped for you. I would suggest that you don't register your PC any more with the eBookstore until you get your Reader talking to it successfully.

What OS are you running? Windows, I assume, but which one? There are some known issues with certain flavors of Windows, so that's an important question.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
ponga163

I'm using Vista Home edition. I've had no problems until my last purchase when I tried to download them to my reader.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
32 bit?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Are you running eBook Library and then plugging in the 505 or are you plugging in the 505 and then running eBook Library. I've found it works best for me if I plug in the 505 firsta nd them run eBook Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
ponga163

I'm using 32 bit Vista
Old 03-19-2008, 08:12 PM   #7
Deputy-Dawg
Groupie
Deputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-booksDeputy-Dawg has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you running eBook Library and then plugging in the 505 or are you plugging in the 505 and then running eBook Library. I've found it works best for me if I plug in the 505 firsta nd them run eBook Library.
Which of course is just the reverse of what Sony says to do. Sigh!! But I do agree with JSWolf's observation.
Deputy-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Any known fix for this? This happens to me as well. I open Ebook Library, loads fine. I connect my reader, it says Scanning... then the left pane turns white and just non-responsive.

I'm running Windows XP and initially I had ebook library running fine.

I am running a modified firmware on the reader, would that cause issues?
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote