Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2024, 03:25 PM   #1
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo nia
PC to kobo app mirroring demo

Hello

https://github.com/Szybet/kobo-screen-mirror-reverse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzl7wBZpc2U

This has some potential but I don't have time to finish it ;p
Szybet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 02:15 PM   #2
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Why, you weren't happy with vnc?
Actually being able to use networking apps like vnc client with peace of mind was one of the benefits of InkBox I thought.
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 03:03 PM   #3
Szybet
Connoisseur
Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.Szybet can teach chickens to fly.

the one inkbox uses now is xorg based so it's slow and heavy
the rust written one didn't worked for me at all

benefits for this one:
- I can apply custom filters which allowed me to do that awesome dithering
- It works
- current not optimised code takes only 30% of the cpu on the kobo
Old 01-17-2024, 02:05 PM   #4
elinkser
Groupie
elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.elinkser has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
So I tried a few...

From tablet:

droidVNC-NG

From kobo:

(rust vnc client)
# einkvnc4 192.168.43.12 5902 --password vncpasswd --contrast 2

%cpu 85-90 for youtube!
Much more than your 30.

From laptop:

$ sudo adduser kobo

$ su kobo

* Edit: Also relogged in as user kobo

$ sudo ufw allow proto tcp from 192.168.43.5 to 192.168.43.12 port 5902

$ sudo apt install x11vnc

$ x11vnc -opts

$ x11vnc -storepasswd

$ x11vnc -zeroconf -rfbport 5902 -rfbauth .vnc/passwd -geometry 1400x960 &

From kobo:

# ping 192.168.43.12

(rust vnc client)
# einkvnc4 192.168.43.12 5902 --password vncpasswd --contrast 2

%cpu 10 for text editing.
%cpu 60 for youtube

*very low latency for text editing.
low lag for youtube but not clear like yours.

From kobo chroot:

(x11 vnc client)
# vncviewer -geometry 1400x960+20+60 192.168.43.12::5902 &

%cpu below 5 for text editing.
%cpu below 30 for small unmaximized youtube

*very low latency for text editing.
unviewable youtube in large window.

I can get better editing latency, but not the clarity of your video images.

Last edited by elinkser; 01-18-2024 at 03:01 PM. Reason: relogin
elinkser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:03 PM   #5
Szybet
Connoisseur

Note that I have the nia, not the clara which is slower and with not so much ram
And this demo app is written really badly
Advert
Old 02-17-2024, 05:19 PM   #6
Szybet
Connoisseur

Updated, made more properly now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqquXvsR1Q

It is fast boi now, sadly more dithering based ghosting because I can't control it?
Old 02-19-2024, 01:32 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This i how to post a video from YT.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote